Carburettor Brass Plate

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by JamesNRG, Feb 16, 2010.

1. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Hi guys,

Any ideas where i can get one of these from at all? Bike went into the garage today, and someone has used the wrong jet for the Carb, i have a 60 jet in there at the minute, but the garage bloke said the bike is getting too much air, and not pulling to its full potential, he said you need the brass plate for the carb, to reduce the air flow and it should be all good, and he'll set it all up for me there, Cant find any on eBay, any ideas where i can get one from/someone selling one?

Thanks.

2. safekyle

safekyle New Member

Rides:
    Gilera runner 172
    if its getting too much air ? then it needs upjetting...

As weve all said, the guy doesnt know a thing.

and just to certify that.. im running a 60 jet, in a 17.5 without the brass plate with a lazer exhuast and malossi filter.
    and she pulls right thru the range ;)

3. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Well, Mine has slow acceleration, havent had chance to run her flat out yet, but when im doing like 20mph and roll off throttle then go back on, speed doesnt build up, So i don't know what that is :yahoo:

The carb has been cross threaded, so it couldn't be upjetted. Thats why he said, use the brass plate.

4. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Oh, The bike stays at 30mph, and goes no faster, It gets to 30 going Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeee then goes more nurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr when it gets 30mph.

5. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Rollers?? I have a brass plate, I dont use it because it does nothing as far as I can see. Try lighter rollers, too heavy rollers cause slow acceleration and if really heavy the belt wont slip up into "top gear", hence why your stuck at 30mph, theres also the possibility that the bloke has put the restrictor washer back in the variator.

6. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Do you need it? :hug:

I need one, Hmm maybe washer, But no, i doubt he would of, as the pipe is de rezzed, and so was the variator before.

What size rollers you think? i got 4.7's in there atm :amen:

7. bertie

bertie Active Member

Rides:
    '93 Skipper LX125
    Right thats strange, 4.7g rollers seems way too light for a standard bike with standard pipe, stock are about 7g, after de-restriction 6-6.5g.. I think lol

8. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    I got a Doppler S3R on the bike :p

9. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

5.5g rollers

75 main jet.

No brass plate.

try that.

10. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Thanks, but read through :cool:

I cant jet it, as the jet thread has been cross threaded so i cant screw another in. got a 60 in there atm (56 standard so has been upjetted before)

11. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

Then run a 6mm tap up it and clean the thread!

12. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Will do :good:

13. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

One last thing James, before you try this make sure the Doppler has been fully deresticted.

Came across one a few years ago on an Aprillia SR 50 that was restricted in the header (where it bolts onto the cylinder) but ALSO in the muffler where that bolts onto the exhaust.

Just make sure this is clear before you go any further.

14. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Yes, The end can restrictor is still in. But this wouldn't boost to 30mph and just like, stay there, and just slowly go slower/not any faster?

15. Blue dwarf

Blue dwarf New Member

WTF! Why on earth leave the restrictor in then try to tune the bloody thing!

Take the damn thing out before you go any further!!!

16. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    "yes its restricted BIT it wouldent cause it to stop at 30"

can you HEAR yourself? youve come on, wasted plenty peoples time and you have a fucking restrictor in the pipe you KNEW about yet didnt THINK was the problem...

as for the cross threaded carb, what idiot managed that then?

go cut the fucking restrictor out of your pipe (for the 4th time) and fuck off making topiucs about the SAME OLD PROBLEM!!! your starting to piss me off now

17. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    I didnt think about it, forgot about restrictor in End Can, going to remove it when its cooled down, and the Cross threaded carb = Previous owner. Do i have the 17.5mm carb? or the 12mm? i can get a used one for £15, so may be worth it :hmm:

18. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ive got a 17.5 you can buy (ill sell you just the body of the carb for you to swap your bits onto if you like)

19. JamesNRG

JamesNRG New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Extreme
    Cheers Minor, Let me know a price and we'll go from there, Do you have the brass plate? Or will upjetted rectify the too much air problemo?

20. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

Rides:
    et2 monster
    brass plate diverts air to the idle curcit and choke curcit.. its so they run clean at idle.. when removed they vaary the force thus you need to richen the idle mix and speed up idle. this drinks more fuel.. might aswell remove it with a pipe. need to set the variator and clutch around that so the mix will need ajusting for this anyway.

leave the plate out, remove the restrictor in the pipe, ajust carb (with engine warm)

will pm you about the carb