carb problem

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by ponks, Sep 2, 2017.

1. ponks

ponks New Member

Hi
    i have a benelli k2 100. i believe the carb is similar to a yamaha 100 aerox
    there is a car issue in that fuel is not getting to it. if i take the fuel line that goes to carb from the petcock off at the petcock end and start the scooter fuel flows from the petcock.
    when i reattach it i can see some fuel in the line but its not making its way all the way to the carb.
    any ideas appreciated.
    cheers

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Stuck float?

3. ponks

ponks New Member

thanks. the float looks ok. the inside of the carb is clean.
    i sucked on the vacuum tube and petrol flowed. when i start the scooter petrol does not make its way all the way down the petrol line to the the carb i.e. its not getting to the carb.

4. ponks

ponks New Member

actually seems you were correct. the float needle was stuck and not letting fuel through. she stats now but bogs down and then stalls under acceleration.

scubabiker likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Im always right. Its my job.

Stevep likes this.
  6. ponks

ponks New Member

Thank you - appreciated.

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

The bogging and stalling,
    Do you have an airbox on it?
    Sounds like over or under fueling.
    Also try a new plug. If you've tried starting it a lot it does something to the plugs and they dont fire good under load...

8. ponks

ponks New Member

thanks everyone for your help. i connected the intake and she seems to run fine now. for any other noobs, it was indeed the float needle that was stuck - i took the float bowl off and then tried pouring fuel into the carb. no fuel was coming through to the bowl. blew out the float needle tube and squirted with carb cleaner. retested and fuel was now coming through ok.
    thanks again.