carb pipe set up

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by NOTTZNUTTER, Apr 26, 2012.

1. NOTTZNUTTER

NOTTZNUTTER New Member

hiya folks just wonder if someone could point me in the right direcction. i bought a piaggio nrg and the carb was fecked so i bought a second hand dellorto carb of gilera runner sp50 i believe but the pipe set ups differant to the old carb that came on my scoot

this is the new carb

[​IMG]

as you can see theres 3 places were pipes connect to the carb and 1 you carnt see thats nr the choke which i assume is the one that the petrol pipe gets connected too as it was the same as on my old carb. now one of the ones you can see is a smaller pipe fitting so i assume its were the 2stroke oil pipe fits to the carb but the other 2 are confusing me. am i right in thinking that both of the 2 remaing pipe fitments are for the vacum pipe ? and that i need to split the vacum pipe from the petrol tap into 2 and fit them it to both of fitments that are left ?

hope that makes sense and thanks to anyone who can offer there help and point me in there right direction

2. roxy boy

roxy boy Well-Known Member

Rides:
    roxi
    1 is a vacume and 1 us a over flow that is left without a pipe

3. NOTTZNUTTER

NOTTZNUTTER New Member

im not saying youre wrong but that carnt be right surely. whats the point in making the carb air tight to create a vacum when it can suck air in threw that. and if its off no use why would dellorto go to the trouble of putting it on there carbs if it wasnt gunna be needed

4. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    It's an over flow pipe mate

5. FiddyRox

FiddyRox Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Aerox, CRF450, YZ125
    I can't see that pic but on my dellorto, the big one by the choke is fuel in, the one where it mounts to the inlet is vacuum, then on the side of the carb the little one is oil, two bigger ones side by side are for coolant, and theres one hole left of overflow

6. NOTTZNUTTER

NOTTZNUTTER New Member

yer theres a fuel inlet nr the choke and assume the one on the inlet to the engine is the vacum but that leaves 3 more. a little one thats for the 2stroke, one thats at the bottom of the bowl which is the overflow but it still leaves one left thats being assumed as another overflow

7. NOTTZNUTTER

NOTTZNUTTER New Member

dont suppose anyone could tell me the correct main jet and pilot jet size for a piaggio nrg extreme ? standard exhaust, standard air box etc. ive scoured google but had no joy

8. Gary Lux

Gary Lux New Member

Hi, I’ve had a similar issue, bout an NRG power 50cc DD LC 2009 and other than the Fuel pipe which was coloured and broken off from the Carb, no other pipes were fitted, I believe they are all pretty much in the right place. Ow, but I have a spare connecting point just above where the inlet manifold is which I believe is a vacuum one, however, the vacuum pipe is connected to a point on the casing by where the Reed valves are! Is this wrong, or does the vacuum pipe split and go to these 2 areas?? Much appreciate someone’s assistance, I couldn’t find any pics or description of the set up on any site, or YouTube or in any manual!!