carb identification

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Emmanuel, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

Hi, could someone tell me what carb this is.

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I want to say dell'orto? But the screw top is very much like a mikuni

3. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

I bought a yamaha aerox and i think it has an upgraded carb and ita giving me problems

4. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

This is me reving the bike at full throttle content://media/external/file/29927

5. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I cant watch the video.
    What's your compression like? And how does the spark plug look?
    What setup has it got too?
    As the standard carb will run a 70cc kit easily with just an upjet.

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

That's a Naraku carb. Takes 5mm dellorto main jets.
    Comes as standard with either a 70 (17mm version) or 90 (19mm version) main jet
    I've got several on the shelf.

8. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

I am so greatful for your replys. I have to say I'm 28 and love 2 strokes. I'm not really that new to tuning i have done two projects prior. Piaggio zip and Peugeot speed fighter with good results too. What this yamaha areox has is ( i bought it this way ) it has a tnt 50cc cylinder with a laser exhaust ( i've never heard of this brand ) with the carb in the photos. Its been running with no air filter as the original box doesnt fit the carb. There was a gap. I fixed this with some duck tape temporarily to get it going but it Splutters and kinda sounds like a miss fire but like more air pops than a typical miss fire. Compression seems okay. It will idle for ever! But if i try to ride it. It will pop and splutter without the airbox or with it and go no where The carb has a 84 main jet. If that helps sorry for the long reply.

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

How much compression are you getting? And is the spark plug new?

10. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

Well the kick start is not easy to push down i definitely could not do it by hand. I don't know about the spark plug i will buy a new one tomorrow and get back to you. It will idle tho and when it's warm it will fire back up straight away. I think it has something to do with the carb or like you suggested th cylinder. The person i bought it off said it just had a new engine rebuild..... But you show me one 2 stroke ad that doesn't say that ahaha

scubabiker likes this.
  11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Hahaha yeah they always say that... but measure your compression. I don't know the difference between a worn piston and a new one and I do it for a living.
    Sounds like maybe its a little lean? If it starts easier when warm thats a sign.
    Try a new plug first though, as its the cheapest thing.

12. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

Oh wow i'd love to to something i love for a living. Instead my job is repetitive . Okay so I'm going to get a plug and report back to you with the results today.

scubabiker likes this.
  13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Lets hope its just the plug

14. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

This was the spark plug. I have replaced it. But..... some how i think this is not going to solve the problem. I think I'm going to but an open air filter and up jet it. I think it's getting too much air. What size jet would you say i should start at ?

Attached Files:

15. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

That doesn't look lean to me. Looks quite spot on, maybe a little rich really.
    Have you checked the compression yet.
    You can put a bigger jet in, but I suspect it will be worse.
    Get a sponge filter. Thats the best type you can use.

16. Emmanuel

Emmanuel New Member

No i haven't i dont no how to check it... Taking off the piston to check the dimensions seems abit of a task

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Conpression tester tool.
    Take out the spark plug, screw in the tool, hold the throttle open and turn the engine over.
    Its a great tool to have if you plan on owning a 2 stroke for any length of time.
    I dont think they cost much.