Carb and CDI

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by SimonT, Mar 11, 2008.

1. SimonT

SimonT New Member

what size jet?

2. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

will be different for your set up as ive got a piaggio engine and your running a minarelli arent you...

but 86 ish for open filter and 78 for modded air box...

3. SimonT

SimonT New Member

might order some 70-80 jets along with 35-48 (its got a 48 in it) idle jets...

im guessing ive got a piaggio....??

its the 45 degree air cooled engine??

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ye, hi-per 2 engine same as daves but ac.. so the jetting will be a tad richer for your's.

belt sounds good but there shoulkd be a code on it (easier than messuring/counting teeth) match the number with whatever belt reaches top and bottom of both front and rear pulleys ;)

5. SimonT

SimonT New Member

thanks minor... my jet will be smaller cause of my pipe... im guessing dave has a better pipe than me.... hehe....

dont say it... im getting there....

also..the belt is a weird brand kevlar one.
    the dimensions are written on it....

ive got a polini belt on there now and according to the digital verniers, its 18mm across compared to the 17.5mm for the new one....

ill chuck it on and see.....

6. SimonT

SimonT New Member

ok....one thing thats pissing me off is the idle speed....

when i start if from cold (with the choke on) it revs its titties off for like 20-30 seconds....

when its warm, it has trouble not stalling cause the idle drops so low....

any ideas... ive tried adjusting mixture and idle speed.... i just cant get it.

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    all you can do is set it hot with the choke off... get it to a happy idle when completly hot the deal with its quirkyness till that point.. all tunning should be done when up to full running temp, if you still cant get it spot on chances are the idle jet is wrong, or the slide is too rich/lean. should be able to get it close enough without any new bits tho.

8. SimonT

SimonT New Member

thanks man...

might try and lean out the mixture a bit... see if that makes more of a diff then.....

i feel sorry for the engine.... its getting raped before it warms up.....

it stalled 3 times on the way to work :(

if there is no improvement when i get the main jet sorted etc.... ill get a range of smaller idle jets... the place i just ordered the main jets from only had one smaller idle jet.... not worth it....

9. SimonT

SimonT New Member

ta da.....

pick of under my seat.....

[​IMG]

how do you guys take video....

i want to use my phone.... the only thing i can think of is taping it to my helmet.....