Car insurance for a 17 year old

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by RojAEROX, Sep 15, 2008.

1. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

right im 17 in like 12 days, got my theory booked for my birthday etc etc. am lookin to get a 1998(ish) saxo, i wanted a 1.4 but think im gunna have to go for a 1.1 coz the insuracne quotes ive been getting are ridiculous.

so how the fuck did every 1 on here whos 17 get insured for anything under 2000bill lol. i did a quote on moneysupermarket and it was 2348 quid for a 1.4 and 1800ish for a 1.1. for some reason its also more expensive when i say ive got a full licence instead of a provisional :msn1: i guess thats coz ill be driving on my own? also i said i was looking to buy, not sure iff that makes any difference though?

so yeh i just need help really with getting insured lol. what companys let you transfer your scooter no claims on to your car? and what companys dont take the absolute piss with it. i know its gunna be expensive but 2348 quid is a jokkkkkee!

2. NrG172

NrG172 New Member

Rides:
    Typh 178
    im with Ecar at the moment they took my scooter no claims. was like 900 on a 106 1.1 for me. more than doubled tho when i went to a 1.8.

3. DYS VTR

DYS VTR New Member

Rides:
    skanky cRaKwhoR3s
    ye same, i used e car, 2 years ncb from my scoots 1300 on a vtr n im 18 ;)

4. Mehmet

Mehmet Active Member

Rides:
    AUDI A3
    Use Prudential car insurance.... sickest one ever .... cheapest i am sure you will ever find.

5. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    im paying 900 quid on a 1.4 205. 150 excess tpft with quinn ;)

6. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

did those last 2 let your transfer your ped no claims? and are you all on your own insurance?

7. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    na thats with no ncb and my own insurance with mum as named driver ;)

8. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

ohh sweet, just got 1400bill on a 1.4 sax with esure. so thats pretty good compaed to what ive been getting lol

9. Dec

Dec Active Member

Rides:
    nothing ugm
    add a parent as a named driver. should lower it more.

10. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

sweeet i'll give that a try then. would be siccckk to get it as low as yours lol

11. one7twoboi

one7twoboi New Member

u going fully comp? ur betta off as it aint much more than shitty fire&theft.
    And dont bother using the net. Ring about on the phone, get a good quote and ring another company and tell them that you just got quoted blah blah blah.... Can you beat it?
    Trust me, alot of the sales people work off comission so will wanna sell if poss.
    I got my ped insurance down to 100 quid doing that ;)

12. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

lol yer sweet. yer i wanna get on the fone and do it coz i think its better. i just wanted a rough idea for the moment though cause i aint even got the car yet.

13. Tom

Tom Member

Im insured with these: www.bell.co.uk. Cheapest I could find by far!

Mines £800 on a 1.25 fiesta zetec, but thats on the 10 month NCB accelerator.

14. Nrg-Sam

Nrg-Sam Active Member

im interested in this thread as im gettin a cinquecento in a week or 2 off me mates missus cheap as it needs £100 odd work on it to get it perfect (£75 with 11 months mot 5 tax) some will laugh but its group 2 so whatever :w00t:

cheapest ive been quoted on that is £1700 in my own name, £530 in my grandads with me as named driver, ideally want insurance in me own name though, gonna try ecar with ped no claims :wtf: see what they have to say

sam :cool:

15. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

1 of my mates brothers has one of them. they are quite funny especially as he is quite big lol. 1700 quid is a rip off tohugh

16. james

james Member

At the end of the day you are 17 a new driver with no driving history and going on the road for the first time on your own of corse insurance is going to be high...Best bet buy an old 1.1 for dirt cheap keep it for a year or two build up your no claims them step up to some thing a lot better and dont go fully comp as it will cost you more than your car is worth just go 3rd party... If i was you i would buy an old runner for about £500 rag it around for two years get your no-claims up then buy some thing nice?

17. RY4N172

RY4N172 New Member

yeah what he said ^^^^

or just buy a 50quid car and inscure it 3rd party only and not even use it

18. RojAEROX

RojAEROX New Member

yer i know insurance is gunna be high for any new driver. theres no harm trying to get the best deal you can though

19. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ad your nan as a named driver... or somone wiuth n15 years ncb. it will bring it down no end.. also put the car in there name at there address... looks like you insured there car so you can drive it if need be that way. always do this with my sister/mum and our cars.

20. rezzin

rezzin Member

£1180 Fully Comp 2003 1.2 Corsa SXI 16v with churchill,my own policy,only me on it and they used my 1yrs ncb.