Calling to all 4 stroke gods and demons!!

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Tommythegun, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

Still quite new to this but quick story is i have a gilera vx 125 with a vxr 180 lump in it, was lacking power, found out the rollers were literally in half, now i replaced them and manifold as there was a tear in that and now water (muddy water) pisses out the inspection hole on the water pump eventhough the water pump looks sweet just rusty? Any ideas on this one guys?
    My thoughts were head gasket but unusal the water coming from there, also does pull well still and idles sweet

Many many thanks for any help guys

2. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

I can happily post any pics or vids but it does run good just doesnt feel like its hitting over 70

3. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Water pump seals gone get a repair/replacement kit

4. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

Sorry to sound dumb but do you mean the o ring on the black bit where the two pipes go or the grey casing behind? Also what other damage could this have caused? Thank you alot

5. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Look up a water pump repair kit you'll see what's what.. Is your pump belt driven or drives of the cam Shaft.. What did you do with the vx 125 lump?

6. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

The part where the water pipes go to is just a casing really.. The pump is behind that you should find a little wheel looks like a fan, that just unscrews the seal is behind that..

7. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

It drives off the camshaft, ive seen a pic of one thinking it maybe that washer looking thing behing the propellar and bearing, the 125 lumps in a ftiends bike

8. Tommythegun

Tommythegun Member

Yeah mate ive had a look deffinatly looks like that but im unsure whats caused it :( god dam 4 strokes, that doesnt make sense of my top speed problem too

9. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Shame I'm looking for a new lump, just brought a Vespa gts lump but bottoms out on frame and can't be asked to messing around with the engine mount lol.. And yes I'd say pull the hole look of right back to the fly wheel and get the repair kit, want to be carefull if you fly wheel/stator gets wet could lead to all sorts of damage.. Expensive unnecessary damage..

10. Skete-vx125

Skete-vx125 Member

Losing pressure maybe.. And if your not getting the right amount of water could lead to engine seizure.. Maybe already have started too due to heat, twisted barrel swolen piston..