Calling all carb experts... SOLVED

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Junk-man, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Junk-man

Junk-man Member

Rides:
    Aprilia Mojito 125
    Hi all, just been stripping my carb, thought I was being careful but I didn't notice the little plastic trinket in the centre of the photo below until it fell out. I know it goes into the top of the slider (the 3 prongs correspond to 3 holes in there), but does it go in after the needle or before?

If I put the trinket in first then needle and spring, it stays sat in its 3 holes inside when you push needle up, and needle is slack - I.e. not pushed down on by the spring.

If I put the needle in first, pushing up on the needle also pushes up the trinket. This has the effect of spring-loading the needle, but the trinket doesn't always re-seat properly into the holes afterwards, which doesn't seem right.

The carb is a Keihin CVK series, for what its worth. Can't seem to find a diagram for it. Any clues as to the correct answer much appreciated!

[​IMG]

2. Junk-man

Junk-man Member

Rides:
    Aprilia Mojito 125
    Forget it everyone, answered my own question. Tested it both ways, throttle only responds properly if I put the trinket in second. Bosh