cable choke carb for piaggio liberty 50 2 stroke.

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by CGC, Jan 5, 2020.

1. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    having problems with my carb, it overflows, and has more leaks than a vegan casserole :)
    I want to move away from autochoke. and fit a cable choke carb.
    I already have the choke and cable

does anyone have any recommendations.

I was looking at this one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ATV-Racing-Carburetor-for-PHBG-19mm-Carb-Scooter-Quad-Pit-Dirt-Bike/123510639541?_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20160811114145&meid=3c656e425dc746c88d79cd057bc96930&pid=100667&rk=4&rkt=8&sd=401954036240&itm=123510639541&pmt=1&noa=1&pg=2334524&_trksid=p2334524.c100667.m2042

also this one

https://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/5370/phbn-175mm-carb--aerox-minarelli

I dont need a racing carb, just dependable and functional

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    the engine is standard 50cc hiper 2 piaggio (reinforced crank) with technigas next r pipe (inlet collar removed) the scooter was working great with a 68 main jet on dellorto 17.5 PHVA, I use premix fuel

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  3. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    An manual choke won't make it stop leaking, the float height may need adjusting, auto chokes work fine.

CGC likes this.
  4. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    I just personally don't like autochokes, the old carb is worn in a lot of places, and I'm a bit fed up of trying to keep it running, so its time for a new one.

5. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Dont have much experience about carbs.only worked on dellorto. But a friend of mine bought some motoforce. Copy of some other brand. And it sucked monkey balls. The slider didnt move freely. So we had to sand paper the pipe it moved in. And the fuel nipples was made out of plastic. I believe we tried it once, didnt work good. And then threw it in the bin. Since pedparts are retarded, regarding customer support and payback for faulty products

CGC likes this.
  6. CGC

CGC Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Liberty 50
    thing is I only have about £40.00 max to spend on the carb, the scooters off the road, the float is worn past functionality, also the pin and rubber where it seals, the fuel inlet ferrule doesn't seal properly, the gasket leaks, the thread is stripped on the air screw, (used thread tape) and the throttle cable adjuster is broken :) I'm surprised it worked at all. it now does nothing but piss petrol out the overflow and gaskets. the fuel rises so much it sucks fuel in to the cylinder instead of mixture. methinks its time for a new carb, even temporary. Don't want a second hand one as it might give me more problems.