Bws 125, only one modified in the UK?

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by DC53, Oct 7, 2012.

1. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    Had 85 with wind behind me, downhill, following a car.. with me tucked down lol. will cruise at 55/60 all day long, starts to scream at 70/75 and i cba with doing rebuilds all the time, she's getting a few problems now it's winter :( gonnabe very expensive, may have to get new crank!
    Have spent around $2000 so convert that to £ and you'll get a rough idea... too much haha, but will look sweet with another few grand :)
    got new seat cover and few more shiny bits.

If enough interest i'll do complete build thread?

2. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    not too bad, my mate is pretty good with a camera, he took most of the pics.

If anyone has instagram feel free to add... @DanDanZuma

3. smiithers42x

smiithers42x Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50cc
    DC53, do the full build thread!

4. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    All of my parts are from Taiwan, none are available in UK, if anyone wants to know more i can put you in touch with my dealer.

Only aftermarket part fitted from UK so far is the Malossi clutch

5. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    I'm off over the weekend.. i'll try to get all my pic's together may take a few days, been a long build so far.. and it will never be finished haha.

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  6. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    sorry haven't posted anything.. no work, turned into to work all weekend and working all week :( pays for more scoot parts tho :D heres some newish pics while you wait for build thread

7. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
  8. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
  9. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Todi-Corsa likes this.
  10. Woozie2k10

Woozie2k10 Member

Rides:
    Aprilia sr
    very nice. always been with two strokes but the new four strokes are really making an impact. nice job . i like! :)

11. Macc94

Macc94 New Member

Hi there im getting my bws 125 2011 model.
    Any tips on how to start improving it?
    I found a website racingplanet with few parts not expensive thinking of using a forged 155cc naraku cilinder set, think its a smart move?
    Please let me know any advice its great advice

12. SliderTom

SliderTom Member

Rides:
    Yamaha slider
    What is forged in the kit, do you recieve just a barrel and piston, or do you get a conrod etc.

If the piston and conrod are included and are also forged, then no it isnt a bad move. It is a major improvement over cast components due to the forging process.

Many more people will be able to help you out plenty more than i can, with many years experience under there belts.

13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

forged rods are good, i like alloy cylinders and pistons, you can get pistons with all sorts of base materials. naraku are good kits for the money, budget but nice. does the bws have FI or is it carb? if its FI you will need to remap the ECU and fitting a bore kit will be useless.
    its worth maybe just getting a hot cam and straigh pipe. http://motogaga.com/ will probably have parts at a guess...

14. romain

romain Member

Rides:
    Yamaha tmax
    On the Naraku kit Macc94 mention it's the piston which is forged
    Those Naraku kit aren't too bad I run one on my agility it s fairly quick but limited by the transmission now I need longer gears but that doesn't exist !!!
    The Naraku kit come with two option forged or cast piston cast being cheaper the forged like all forged piston engine is noisier and will need good warm up time the cylinder is cast aluminium alloy not sure of the skirt treatment chrome or nickasil
    On those engine to replace the rods you have to split the crankshaft so better change the all crankshaft if need be it is normally strong enough I have the 170 on mine and the bottom end havent moved even tho it s always high revs due to the original transmission
    Stay away from anything electronic with Naraku as it s not good I had a supposed to be high perf ignition coil which was sparking all over the place but the spark plug and the CDI never worked neither I also fitted the 30 mm Naraku racing it wasn't a straight fit I had to modify many things and raise the supposed to be inlet manifold meant for this carburetor

This look really really sexy but oh soooo expensive !!!!!

image.jpeg

15. Macc94

Macc94 New Member

Cheers guys, thank you all for the help

16. chezzy71

chezzy71 New Member

does anyone if dc53 is still on here

17. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    DC53 was last seen: