buying a house

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by gazell, Nov 28, 2006.

1. gazell

gazell Active Member

its gonna be fucked up for us young N's ive just opened up a savings account so i can get saveing for a deposit...im lookin to raise 3000-5000 which sholdnt be disgracefully hard cos im gonna get some cash in hand work on the weekend etc

n e of u lot on the property ladder...or rentin or owt like that

2. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

I own my own house with the man, can't believe the prices of the houses now, glad we bought ours before it went up and up :msn1:

3. gazell

gazell Active Member

i know its disgraceful its like shitty council flats are worth 70 grand wtf lol

plus im picky cos it has to be atleast semi detached so i can get the ped in the back garden etc lol

4. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Count yourself lucky you don't live in London!

It's going to take me a long long time to save up for anything.

5. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

:confused:hock: House prices in London are unreal, I don't envy you young lot :(

6. jacksp

jacksp New Member

squattin is cheaper lol :p:

7. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

:w00t: Squatting..hmmm back in the day maybe but they abolished squatters rights, so not as easy as it used to be :confused:arc:

8. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    my 2 bedroom house in north london. no access to back garden is worth ?180,000 easy.

its a piss take. a 3 bedroom house abroad is less then ?50,000

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster

not true... they have changed alot of them but it is still verry easy to squat a house.. my council flat is worth 120k (ye thas a 1 bed)

10. nrgandy

nrgandy New Member

my mum and dad bort there house for 60,000 and it is now worth 300,000

11. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

hmmm thought they had, I've got a 3 bedroom terraced house, bought that for ?47,000 six years ago, its now worth ?140,000, ridiculas how house prices have gone up. Makes it hard for first time buyers plus harder to move cos the mortgage on the next place would be double what we are paying now :(

12. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

I have a mate who squatted for over 14 years. You couldn't even tell.

I'm not even going to start on the prices of houses where i live in Islington.

The average house price for a terrace in islington is ?626,628. :confused:hock:

13. gazell

gazell Active Member

fuck me london is expensive lol.... ?120,000 will get u a nice respectable house up here with a drive etc

renting now a days is expensive...and i dont know about london but theres no council houses empty up here n e more

14. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    I heard lincolnshire is one of the cheapest places in Britain to live?

nice area to.

15. gazell

gazell Active Member

yerr my missus's mum is on about movein up there u get loads of land and a big house for cheap

16. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    depends where in lincolnshire, out in farmer land where we are its not too expensive, but there's no amenities, the nearest shop is about 8 miles away. the nearest supermarket is over 10 miles away. luckily, the nearest pub is only 1.5 miles away.