Bulbs

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jason murray, Oct 27, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jason murray

Jason murray New Member

Hey folks, any have any idea of a brighter set of head lamp bulbs that would fit my year 2000 ay50? The originals just aint that bright and I do most of my driving at night,thanks

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Have you got the stupid aftermarket twin headlight fitted? The bulbs look like something you'd have in the house? Those push in and twist type?
    They only fitted two types of headlight, one was a big ass headlight, the other had two fisheye magnifying lenses fitted.
    There used to be an aftermarket one that was really really bad, similar to the ones that fitted the Gilera Runner Evo kits

Photo of the one you currently have?

3. Jason murray

Jason murray New Member

These are the bulbs that go into those "fish eyes " lights you mentioned,they are a pain

Attached Files:

4. Jason murray

Jason murray New Member

Attached Files:

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I think there only 15 w bulbs, they won't never be bright.

6. Jason murray

Jason murray New Member

Thats true mate,might look into seeing if the later version headlamp could replace them with a bit of modifying or just add small spotlights in someway just for the extra brightness

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

You could attach some Cree LED's to the front mudguard bolts each side, wired directly to the back of the headlight so they come on when you switch them on

8. Jason murray

Jason murray New Member

Thats exactly what I did in the end,thanks for your input mate