Buggered the SR

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by wobbly_trials, Jan 26, 2007.

1. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Came home last night from a mate's house, stopped 1/2 way for fuel (actually ran out on the pumps), got to the end of my drive and the engine stopped, so rolled up the drive and forgot about it, came to go to work this mornin and it wont start and there's no compression.

anyway i lifted the head off and there is a deep score in the barrel in line with the middle of one of the inlet ports. it's looking like a foreign object has got in there (damn those immigrants) so i'm on my area51 until my piston kit arrives. :(

luckily i have a spare barrel

2. TangoSR

TangoSR New Member

:( bit of a bummer then......172 time? :pimp:

3. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    It's always the people who maintain there bikes who have the shit luck aint it...

4. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    ... why the fuck do i get shit luck then. lol,

as for the 172 it'll have to wait because it's 350 time.

5. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

On that note bEN, I spent the last 4 nights cleaning up my runner and i was gonna fit a fresh back tyre tommorow...What happens? Hit a f*cking pothole and it fucks it up :( :rtfm: (powdercoated too)

Sorry to hear about your SR though wobbly.

6. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yeah it means i've got more stuff to do tomorrow, gotta somehow get 6 bikes (including 3 scooters) into a shed the size of a postage stamp