Breath with me :)

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Andy Collins, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Hi guys. Any ideas ? ..Ive got a mickey mouse chinese grande ( its not ) retro scooter. gy6 50cc engine. for the last few weeks ive been having trouble with how it runs ? what started as.... when it warmed up it lost power. Has now turned into , it takes ages to pick up steam whereas before it use to be quite nippy. One idea has led to a new part which has led to... it hasnt made a blind bit of differance. I think ? it has to be a breathing issue somewhere. Im running it with out the air filter attached , if i connect the air filters i run out of road before it starts to get going. So i think to be it sounds like breathing or could it be ive adjusted the valve gap wrong ? . the new parts are.... new carb , new exhaust, new cylcinder head, new piston and rings. new all the electrics stator main coil cdi plug including cap and Ht. cable. new vario pully new clutch. .. any ideas ??? because im gradully making a new scooter :(

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Check your valves and check the valve timing marks too

Andy Collins likes this.
  3. Andy Collins

Andy Collins New Member

Checked them scubabiker.... needed a touch adjustment but their good. One thing i have noticed,before this started the bike seemed to bite if u get me ? .. when i was wheeling it backwards with the engine running u felt a definate push to go forward. Im missing that. its had a new clutch put on but could it be the belts worn ? ive checked it for damage and cracks but cant see any. but could it be stretched or something ?

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Maybe yeah. Or the clutch shoes are glazed.