Brands- one or the other!?

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Bradley Nixon, May 22, 2012.

1. Bradley Nixon

Bradley Nixon NRG DT Power 50! For now..

Rides:
    Piaggio NRG Power DT
    Right, so for my 70cc set-up, it's either going to be Malossi or Stage 6.

This is including, variator, 70cc kit etc etc.

Please get back to me.

2. Wakelin

Wakelin Member

3. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Stage 6 is better, stage 6 have the best bore and piston kit and variators are pretty much the same all round unless its the polini 9 speed kit.
    But if you get the stage 6 sport pro bore you will need to change your crank shaft or risk blowing ur engine.
    Malossi tend to be over rated I dont trust their bores everyone i know who has got a malossi bore has now no longer got one due to scores and seizures.

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Its preference more than anything tbh theyre just mechanical parts they all do pretty much the same thing and they all have 10000s of happy customers all over the world. If they do go wrong its user error 99.9% of the time and saying Malossi stuff isnt well made is bullshit tbh

5. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    [​IMG]
    Stage 6 is proven to have better bhp outlet dont try and say im chatting shit.
    As is quite clearly shown the stage 6 sport pro bore holds more power at every RPM than the malossi and polini kits and after it peaks are about 9000 rpm the bore manages to hold its power between 7-8 bhp where as all the other bores drop significantly after their peaks. And best bit of all the stage 6 sport pro kit is cheaper than both the malossi and and polini bore kits... now make your decision.... seems what I was saying is quite true!!!

6. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Yeah I'm not doubting that...I'm even looking at a pile of stage6 boxes as i type this mate. Malossi has been making quality cylinders for probably longer than peds have even existed though you can't just say theyre shit because a couple of your mates killed their engines.

I met a guy a while back who claimed he had done 15k miles on a 172 kitted runner with only ring changes. More than reliable even if he was exagerrating a bit IMO

7. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Funny thing was though my mates bore and piston was fitted by a piaggio, vespa and gilera garage give it a 2 months and he was suddenly loosing power, he then took off the bore and piston to find that his rings failed and that the bore a piston were scored up horribly, maybe just a one off but still if you can get a kit that is £20 cheaper and is more powerful why go for the more expensive least powerful when stage 6 has the same quality if not better and i believe the reasoning behind malossi bore kits to not be as good is to do with what the line their bores with and tends to fail easily.

8. Speedfight-George

Speedfight-George Member

Rides:
    Peugeot Speedfight 2
    Dont get Stage 6, Get Malossi it will last alot longer and has a better top end, also get a 17.5mm delloroto carb, Malossi multivar variator, Malossi sport special drive belt and a half decent air filter and a new exhaust if you havent already...e.g leo vince zx :)

9. fallon

fallon Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 50
    Malossi doesnt have a better top end, its not better at any rpm low mid or high, you chat woffle! stage 6 currently out performs both malossi and polini and if you are looking for reliability its best to go for an iron bore and not the aluminium ones

10. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I'm with Fallon on this one, I run a stage 6 streetrace with a 17.5 dellorto and Leo Vince ZX no need for a gear up kit cos the stage 6 holds the power longer. It's done over 3000 miles without any problems, it wheelies off the throttle and has been clocked by GPS at 70mph, what more can you want from a ped.