brand new piaggio nrg tuning

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by frazer, Dec 24, 2007.

1. frazer

frazer New Member

hi i am soon to get a brand new piaggio nrg either a/c or l/c. I am seeking tips and guidence to create a fast moped from a brand new one very quickly. Now i no that there is a run in period for the engine but what else can i do in the mean time that will not put strain on the new engine but will make it faster but also not do any damage. Also how many running in miles will i have to do before i can de-restrict it and how man before i can fully de-restrict it ?
    frazer

2. frazer

frazer New Member

very usefull but i sorta wanted to know what to put on first as i will not be buying it all at once. So fter the de-restriction stage what is the first thing i should do.

3. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    best bet is buy a tidy 2 year old one and spend the money you save re-building the engine completely.

4. frazer

frazer New Member

the ped i am getting will be run in first to about 1000km before taking the restricters out but then whats the next step

5. Jamie

Jamie Active Member

Rides:
    xt660x, 200sx s14a
    ok so yu want a fast bike:

polini evo 2 70cc kit

bgm pro evolution crankshaft

new mains and seals

25 ml dellorto carbuerettor

yasuni c21 exhuast

cases matched and flowed with cylinder head work

primary or seconday gear up (or both)

polini eco variator kit

malossi delta clutch

tourqe drive

and a box of 50 spark plugs

thats all i can think of for now.

6. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    de-restrict it before riding it, the variator restrictor puts extra stresses on the engine.

7. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    if you got 1100 theres an nrg ive built with a new engine and complete evo setup ported for 19+bhp.. worth 2k on paper and its never been ridden (going to finnish the build this week and mot it in the new year) its 05...

or spend loads more for a stockish ped

8. frazer

frazer New Member

i have alreadi put my deposit down but have decided to get a piaggio nrg mc3 l/c that has 600 previous miles on it. it is only 3 months old i will be picking it up satday. and with the money i get for christmas i will be looking for an exhaust and all the clutch springs and rollers ect could someone point me in the right direction so that my nrg will be running smoothly

9. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
  10. frazer

frazer New Member

im not realy looking to get a bbk. so if i get the other items in the list will they work with out oone

11. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    sport exhaust is all you'll really need then

12. frazer

frazer New Member

whitch one ?

13. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    depends if you want top-end speed or torque. if you ride mainly in towns you are better off with a torqey pipe, if not then a revvy pipe would be better

14. frazer

frazer New Member

well id like one thats got good acceleration and would alowe me to put a half decent wheelie but also not loose to much top end

15. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    i'd like one of those too, unfortunately they don't exist, best bet is a gianelli reverse or a leo TT

16. frazer

frazer New Member

is there much difference between the tt and the zx and also do these come with rollders clutch springs ect

17. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

my tt came with clutch springs and rollers but don't mean they are right. rollers may have to be fiddled with to perfect and i kept the standard clutch springs with my tt. how i liked it. everbody is different so you might want to try them first.

i dont think the tt and zx are really anydifferent to be honest the zx can be got in chrome and has different weld points or something like that.

18. wobbly_trials

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    the tt is a better pipe, the zx offers very little

19. frazer

frazer New Member

what size jets would i need for the tt then and what is the next step after the exhaust, iv been looking at some air fileters to replace the standered air box ?

20. kyle1b1

kyle1b1 New Member

general rule is to upjet around 5% for a pipe. and dont bother with the open air filter waste of time. just mod the original airbox for more flow.