Boost Bottles LOL

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Chubz, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    i mean seriously.... we allllll know theyre shit....and dont do ANYTHING for any engine..?!.

so why on earth are all these people going out and buying one?! its baffled me,,,,, .... i think id rather buy x amount worth of sweets.....

Just,,,,,Why ??????

rant over...lol

scubabiker likes this.
  2. astro77

astro77 Active Member

haha Chubz I don't understand why people buy them either , complete waste of money, which could be spent elsewhere on tuning parts

3. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

what actually is it thats in the bottle?

4. astro77

astro77 Active Member

there basically supposed to take unburnt air and fuel mix and re use it, somthing along those lines anyway

5. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Apparently, from reading some ads on eBay, you can get up to 5BHP from using one!!!... :D

6. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

eh? does it link to the exhaust or summat

7. astro77

astro77 Active Member

nah the inlet manifold

8. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

how does it put unburnt fuel and air back in then if it hasnt been burned yet?

9. astro77

astro77 Active Member

I think it takes the unsed fuel/air from the cylinder and then puts it back in lol, I'm not entirely sure to be honest, either way they don't do nothing on a scooter

10. WTPchiefSKP

WTPchiefSKP Member

Rides:
    cpi sm77
    ive bought one used it for 15 minutes then disconnected it fucking wank

11. astro77

astro77 Active Member

yeah, they look good but that's about it:)

12. WTPchiefSKP

WTPchiefSKP Member

Rides:
    cpi sm77
    its still attached just no pipes connected lol

13. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    i just dont get it, theyre so pony lol.

Id rather spend £20 on stickers or gummy bears

14. WTPchiefSKP

WTPchiefSKP Member

Rides:
    cpi sm77
    i only bought one to see what they said about em was true and nope its a load of boswellocks :)

15. astro77

astro77 Active Member

yeah I've seen you like stickers :D free ones are the best:)

16. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    Of course they work... they are just not so good on 50cc bikes. or low end bikes for that matter, put one on a DT125 or KMX125 then it's a different story.
    same with all tuning parts though... gotta spend shit loads to get the set-up perfect.. i ran boost bottles on previous 70cc+ 2 strokes and they are excellent IMO, other opinions may be different..
    They help alot when you are wheelying, stops the bogging so easier to keep up, and excellent for when going high speed, if you let go of throttle then re-apply power you get alot less lag!

Do some research into it on google and other forums, they are very helpful :)

17. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

They are utterly pointless on a 50/70cc... In theory the idea is good but irl they do nothing on a ped other than look pretty.

If you get lags when mid throttle (or full speed for that matter!), you need to move the needle on your carb until you get it right. A good set up carb won't do that.

18. astro77

astro77 Active Member

yeah like I said:)

19. DC53

DC53 Member

Rides:
    Vespa 210, bws 125
    High speed as in near max throttle.. running stroker crank on 70, so about 80ccish, needle movement made next to no difference (running 17.5) and changed the jets well over 30 times to find the right set-up. was an asshole of a bike and lagged like fuck without it...

20. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

If it comes to that there is something wrong in the way you are setting up your bike.

Boost bottles are just a empty chamber connected to the carb, collecting (in theory) extra fuel and re injecting it with the depression hits. A good setup carb will work as well as a good set up carb with a boost bottle. The only difference you can ever see on a 50cc/70cc is a tiny fuel consumption improvement but that would require the full setup to be done 100% correct which only ever happens with factory setups (And that what they put on the packaging to sell those things!).

If the needle doesnt do anything, well it is because you dont have the right jet in the first place. Things need to be done in order to get the setup correct.