black douglas 125

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by scubabiker, Feb 27, 2015.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

sterling-2.jpg opinions folks? its a 125cc all handmade in italy, they do a 250 too and they are working on a 350, prices start from 8k euros, if you had the money would you buy one?

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

3. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    if I wanted 125cc and drum brakes front and rear id get a old MZ lol

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

ive been considering being a supplier, but i do think they are a little over priced! the brakes are good apparently

5. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    the thing is, people want one of 2 things, sporty looks or off road looks, that's the market today.
    they either want a sports bike or a supermoto, that's why the yzf125r and the sinnis apache/pulse adrenaline have done so well. I just cant see them doing that well, especially at that price, to make good money or even have a shot at being successful in the market over here atleast they need to bring the price down.

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

they are aimed at a differnt market, the high end market, but they have the wrong motor for that market i think. they need to get something like an old JAP engine, single cylinder low hp big cc. this old timey bikes will be an in thing, just like cafe racers and flat trackers, it will go through a phase. the next big 125 phase i think will be dual sport/adventure, but time will tell i guess

7. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

Looks nice. As scubabiker said though a low tech lazy state of tune big cc single would be perfect.

8. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

Looks like absolute crap and 8k for a 125... That's a joke.

9. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    doesn't look like absolute crap to me, it looks ok, not as good as the PROPER classic bikes
    just isn't what will sell in todays market, a nice single 400 or 600cc would make that a winner though.
    making me want a old bike now :(

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i can guarantee its better than a gennuine vintage bike, the motor probably puts out more power and torque than an old JAP engine anyway. i think they look fantastic but the price is way too steep i think. they will only build limited numbers (like i said, handbuilt) will be intresting to see how the company plays out

11. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Enfield 350 lump would look nice in a style like that.ide have something like that no bother..but then I'm an old fart with some style.£8k is a bit much

12. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    for 4k you could probly build something like it at home and have it how u want it but I wouldnae waste my breath id rather build 8 café racers or have 8 scooters for that sort of money

scubabiker likes this.
  13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i think the market it is aimed as is the stupidly rich.... nice looking machine though, would be funny to roll up to a vintage rally and see how long it took people to notice it was new

torpedo01 likes this.