Black coated Metal Floor Plates

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by JoJo, Dec 9, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Im desperately looking for someone that can make these for me, I did have the Chrome look ones but they have started to flake, I took them off and I like the 'bare' look of the Scooter but because of Brake Fluid its taken the gloss paint off my floor panel, I cant be bothered stripping it and spraying it myself so was going to get new Plates but in black, I know someone that can do me 2 in the Chrome again (obv brand new this time) for £20 but really want to get them black coated instead as I think they'd look amazing on my Bike and the fact I dont have much Chrome on my Bike now, but I cant find anyone that can do them....... any suggestions? at the moment i've just got my old Chrome ones and put Carbon Vinyl on them, but obv its going to start to peel etc and they dont look THAT good!

this is the sort of thing I need but obv for my Bike...
    $(KGrHqR,!lYFDOe9DMr5BQ0,bqynMw~~60_35.JPG

these are my flaked Chrome ones at the moment with the Carbon Vinyl I put on them, tried to get the Vinyl in the grooves on the first one but it just wouldnt happen but left with the pattern abit in the Vinyl in most areas, on the second one I didnt push the Vinyl into the grooves, looks better but obv in time with me standing on it its going to push down into the grooves anyway....
    IMG_6141.jpg

2. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    or I might take this Carbon off, and spray them black... think I have red primer in the garage and I have black spray left, hmmmm... will see how it goes.

3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

1mm or even 0.5mm aluminium chequer plate is what you need.
    If you are any good with a hacksaw or jigsaw you can do them yourself using the old ones as a pattern. Then file the rough edges down, wash it off with thinners so it's grease free, and spray it satin black.
    You can also get the chequer plate in steel.

4. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I put them on earlier today with the Carbon Vinyl on, i'll keep them on for awhile as they look ok, once they start peeling etc then im going to spray them instead of getting more made, and over time when they fade i'll just re-spray.

5. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    being as they're aluminium you could always have them black anodized :cool:

6. ginge

ginge Active Member

You thought about getting them powder coated?