Bikers nod

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Ellismit101, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Ellismit101

Ellismit101 New Member

Hi guys does anyone nod to other people who are on scooters or bikes or a quick wave l, ive only had one other biker nod at me just want to see what youre veiws are on being polite to other bike/scooter drivers??

2. torpedo01

torpedo01 Active Member

Rides:
    Pedal Bike M8
    I always nod to anyone on two wheels if they dont nod back that is there problem dont take it personally
    If you ride the same route and see the same riders every day just keep nodding eventually they will nod back
    Youll get more respect and a nod from most riders if you are one of the "sensible" riders who wear a proper jacket and some gloves while riding

3. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    am always nodding to other riders be them sport bikes - leader bikes or learners like us . some hate us and say in heads get a proper bike, others dont care and just see two wheels is just that and its those that tend to give the most nods .

4. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

I think this is a nice way to be with other riders and you never know when you might need each other

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    In London found people are a little too concerned avoiding other 'roadusers';) to bother,only time i've given or received a nod is when riding out into the country on long stretches & there's generally just the 2 of us in passing.

6. madmags

madmags Member

Or maybe there's just too many of us. If I nodded at every person on two wheels, I'd have cramps in my neck by the time I get to work. ;)

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    There can never be too many.!!.:).

8. Shamgar81

Shamgar81 Member

Rides:
    Honda Pcx 125
    I give other fellow 2 wheeled users a nod, weather they reply or not, maybe they are concentrating and might not notice, whatever the reason its ok.

9. moonmonkeyz87

moonmonkeyz87 New Member

ive just started riding myself but have been riding pillion for a while i nod occasionally get one back i think the problem is the behaviour thats associated with opeds that makes them not want to nos

10. Kriskeogh

Kriskeogh Member

I give people a nod too, bikes, scooters and vintage vehicles too

11. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

I used to I don't bother much anymore. I'm often on the scooter and when on the scooter bikers never nod back.