Bike won’t start again!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Jun 1, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Its me again. The guy with the 2001 aprilia mojito custom 50.

The previous issue why it wouldn’t start was the automatic choke needed replacing.

After that the scooter worked great... for about two weeks.

After riding it in the rain which it seems fine I didn’t ride it again for about 6 days.

Then today it wouldn’t bloody start! The petrol was low so I topped it up and it started but then cut out after a few seconds. It kept doing this until it ran for less and less amount of time until it just didn’t start at all.

I accidentally broke the kick start I think also trying to start the piece of shit so now it is has two issues.

Any idea what the first reason is why it won’t start and most likely the cost and what I’ve done to break the kick start? Is it just a screw that probably has broken off or what dyu think?

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Try a new spark plug.
    The kick start I can't help unless you tell me more about how it's broken

3. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

New spark plug? The bike was checked by a mechanic two weeks ago and they checked that I think plus I checked it also and it has spark.

I’m fed up with this fuckin bike tbh.

The kick was fine but I guess I was kicking wrong and it just got stuck in the down position so I had to unstick it with my hand then it just kept getting stuck then after a few more kicks I heard something break or come apart or something (hard to tell exactly) and now it sort of feels loose like it’s not connected to anything.

I reckon it probs just needs the internal bits in the case changed which costs about 40 to 50 quid in parts you know the cogs and springs etc... hopefully the shaft isn’t broken?

What dyu think it sounds like?

I’m pissed that I paid for the bike and got it fixed then all of a sudden it stopped working?

I used it in light rain before it stopped working but it fully dried and also I wiped it down? Could it be this?

I also installed a god tracker so my concern is that it drained the battery although I think it only uses battery when it is actually being used and I’ve not used it much at all and it only takes tiny amount of power when it is in use?

Plus it worked in the kick start several times and then cut out.

The electric start did not work. At first it sounded a tiny bit like it wanted to start then nothing. I cba to check the battery again as I fully charged it literally a week or two ago so the battery should be fine!

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I'm out.

5. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Your out of this threat or your out as in gone out? If so that’s fine with me. I’m gobbet just pay more Effin money for another mechanic to fix it.

6. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Also, what does the lock symbol mean on the key ignition? It says: ‘push in or down’ and has an arrow posting to the left. I tried it for the first time tonight but it didn’t do anything!

I thought it might be the steering lock but nope? Any suggestions?