Big difference in Electric moped insurance help please

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by den9112, Mar 10, 2022.

1. den9112

den9112 New Member

Hi, i am looking at purchasing a Electric moped new so i am am having issues when looking at new mopeds as i cannot put the reg number in to get the exact make model etc to give my a 100% correct quote,however you can manual put in your bike if it is listed so i found a Yadea G5 230 city moped and on the drop down list i found it so continued with the quote ...I am a car driver with a full moped licence 25 NCB 59years old and the cheapest quote i got was from just 2 providers at over £500 and £600 MCE and Lexmark..I then put the other make and model i was looking at same situation brand new and punched in the make and model a Erider model 30 city i then got 15 providers quoting with the best at £230 ..I went the the provider to check details and all was fine ...Sorry about the long post but i am curious as to why the difference as they are both electric mopeds ...I always want to make sure i am 100% covered so i am a bit wary as to why the difference if any one could shed any light on why i would appreciated it ...Thanks

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Are you going to use this on a public road.? - they're still have"not got act together about the legality of it/far as I"m aware of still illegal.
    Believe you will still need category "Q' on your licence - the old car licence qualifying you to ride a 50cc does not apply to electric scooters !

3. Paul Smith

Paul Smith Member

I'm pretty certain MCE went bust a few months ago?

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.