Big bore kit for 125 4t

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Andy Laoghaire, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Andy Laoghaire

Andy Laoghaire New Member

I'm looking at buying a 2014 Typhoon 125 4t. If I buy it I will be wanting to put a big bore kit on it. Seen the Polini 198 big bore kit on ped parts. Thats what I'd like to fit to get more power and speed, acceleration in particular for pulling away at lights etc.
    Has anyone ever fitted or seen anything like this done, or the results? How much improvement am I likely to get and is here any problems I might encounter? An advice would be great. Thanks in Advance.

2. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I've only fitted Malossi 190cc kits to leader engines, easy enough do work on , easier to drop the engine out the frame !

3. Andy Laoghaire

Thanks for the reply mate.
    I looked at the malossi 190, then I Seen the Polini 198 so thought it's a bit bigger so get that. Not a lot of difference to the 190 I suppose. Did it run ok without you having to alter anything else? Jet size or air filter etc? What kind of difference to speed an acceleration did you get?

4. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Keep the std airbox and upjet the carb, acceleration a bit better, top speed not bad, maybe a gear kit ? unrestricted cdi? depend's what you want it to do? t's never going to be 2t power !

5. Andy Laoghaire

I wanted something a bit more reliable than 2t that's why im going down this route. Need it for work to make deliveries and sometimes I'm doing 20 mile e/w runs on duel carriageway so need a bit of speed for that, 70+. Would like acceleration to get away at the lights in rush hour when I've skipped through traffic.
    So I the CDI restricted? I'll be getting one of them thanks mate.

6. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    If your wanting 70+ then get a bigger scooter or bike !