big bike new news & random bike vids and pics

Discussion in 'Bike Chat' started by FirE, Oct 7, 2009.

1. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    they should do, laws passed by the eu affect us.
    and have done since 1972 when we signed the Treaty of Rome

and 100bhp is a joke minor, nearly every 1000cc and 600cc bike from like 2003 onwards makes more power then that no matter what the configuration.

that would fuck the bike market in the anus as the uk buys more superbikes then most eu countries.

abs wouldn't be to bad as long as its a system that doesn't take control away from the rider,

but a power limit is dumb,
    i don't see a cap on supercars,
    so why bikes?

2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
    Even if it happens,nobody will give a shit,we still de-restrict our 50 ,have big bore kits and bikes registered wrongly. It will make no difference and more government control

3. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    it wont make a differance to scooter owners
    they aint any were near that power figuar.
    is more what it will do to the new bike market
    manufactures aint going to stock in countries where there product isn't legal are they.

p

i dont see it happing, as it affects a whole industry that wont be happy as it dents there sales,
    i just think its cheeky to even suggest it,

they want to try and enforce bikes wearing high vis vest
    they made the test harder and more expensive
    they developed speed cameras aimed at catching bikes
    and now they want to put a cap on power

allow the bikers man, we are a minority road user and they still feel the need to medal with shit

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    thats the point, they want to keep us a minority on the roads.... its just another fact of life. the government will ALWAYS fuck you over.

fact is, legislation deems that NO bikes pay tax now (well, unless they have bigger than 1000cc engines) so they slung on the "except for motorcycles" bullshit

if it was ALL about emmissions we would be the majority road users, would pay no road tax and buy verry little PETROL by comparesen.

petrol is how they keep us in track, it keeps us from saving up and keeps there tax incom a healthy 75% over there needed expendature. but again, were drifting into political slavery, wich if you really think aboiut it, is a fact of life in england.

do your test quick, and it doesent bother you no more ay? only affects you if you dont have a licence, so do your licence asap. whatever legislation they bring in can NOT affect old licencing legally, it can NOT affect older models that are already in circulation.

this bullshit is the ame as the scrap allowance scheme wiht cars. it JUST gets old cars off the road and keeps only new cars in circulation... meaning the same road tax, but LOTS more sales tax when new models are sold (fact is its to get rid of cars built in the financial boom and left about during the recession, christ vauxhal had 40 MILLION unsold cars sat about....) its all bollocks, its best to get on wiht life and try avoid/forget it. fact is if you have a licence it wont affect you

5. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit

was generally refering to the way things go/people go about things.

if anything like this happens , we will just see more conversions from lower cc bikes to bigger ones, or 600/1000 registered as something they are not.

easily enough done.

can have a 660cc mito registered as a 125 ffs, and a load of other conversions on numerous bikes and engines.

all i'm saying is that even if this law/rule/legislation oir watever it is is passed it will we will still have the bikes we want and the country isn't about to run dry of big cc bikes any time soon.

will still have tones of brand new bikes in the country to be sold, dealers would just register them prior to a supposed change and sell them as pre-reg'd bikes.

anyway. i don't care , let the fuckers do wat they like :rant:

6. WOLFFY

WOLFFY New Member

Rides:
    Runner 172
    All this government wants to do is fuck you up the ass and fine you for anything they can. I'm sick to death of it.

7. bait

bait Active Member

agreed
    fuck this shit country and the complete nob heads running it that get away with anything
    any 1 see the new satelites that can track your speed any where that they testin lol fuckin bollocks

8. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    like minor said above you just have to ignore it and live life the best you can,
    politics (no mater what party, president, ruler etc) suck big hairy oddly sized donkey balls,

thats why i find films like loose change and zeitgeist more scary then any horror, it reminds you how helpless and insignificant you are out side of your own life in the grander scheme of things

but back to bikes....

new monster 796

[​IMG]

new yamaha 800 fazer/fz

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

From what i can tell about the FZ8 from the freshly released parts lists.

Its' the FZ1 frame/Tank
    R1 05/ FZ1 Current Forks.

I'm looking forward to taking one out though.

Be cool to see what kinda 800cc engine Yamaha have built.

And if we're likely to see and YZF-R8 anytime soon.

10. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    would be nice but i very much doubt it as it wouldn't race eligible,
    (main reason kwack stopped with there 636 engines)

the fz8 is a sleeved down fz1 engine,

mv are supposedly making a 800cc inline triple, would mind a go on that if its true

11. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

I do wonder why Yamaha don't make a 800cc.

I'm pretty sure it'd sell - Purely off the back of rossi's racing success.

Just make a M1 lookalike and jobs a goodun.

12. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    probably due to the state of the economy plus it not being eligible to race, plus the cost of all the r&d, and price of building a completely new model from the ground up, which would then reflect on the price which would probably be silly making it hard to sell (its a jap bike after all so it doesn't scream exotica) and new bike prices are a piss take as it is, plus the lack of current interest in moto gp in comparison to the good old days etc etc etc

think about it, the duke equivalent of what you suggest cost 40 grand!

13. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

Yeah but a desmo RR is a different kettle of fish lol.

If suzuki had any motoGP success sales of the 7snififty would go up.

+1 on Yamaha's prices being a piss take.

It's over 12 grand for the new R1, last year it was only 10 grand.

I work for Yam, and the R1 is a mindblowing bike, but i'd still buy the BMW S1000RR lol

14. FirE

FirE New Member

Rides:
    172 oyster card beep
    huh? in what way?:confused:
    its a bike built as a road replica of there Desmosedici GP8, its the same cc, looks the same etc, just like you suggested yamaha do with the m1, sounds like the same fish to me :confused:cratch:

the 750 already sales on par with the 600, plus its doesn't have any thing in common with the GSV-R, it pre dates the the GSV-R, gsxr 600 and the gsxr 1000 too so has more heritage hence why suzi are the only brand still building that displacement

lol id have the bmw too, that or the rsv4
    iv only seen two on the road so far, im amazed there not more popular
    (they aint the best looking bike but still)
    the price isnt even bad for the spec,

15. Ciaran

Ciaran Active Member

The desmo is race spec.

Yam would just dump a 800cc engine, that slots perfectly between the R1, and R6.

Instant sales, based on the looks of an M1.

Probably should of been clearer.

With Suzuki, we all know the 750's have been around before the GSV-R but you can't help but think, IF they had the GP success.

Would it be publicised the same?

I rode the RSV4, and it just didn't feel... Right to me.

I really can't explain it. Small, packed a hell of a punch. Just something about it.

The BMW is one of those bikes that'll make any idiot look fast.

Waaaaay to much technology going on.

But it makes people safer so it's all good right?

16. Stig

Stig Well-Known Member

Rides:
    EXUP1000
    prob with all this restricted BHP legislation is the fact that they tried all this before many years back. It was a gentlemans agreement between the big manufactureres.

It lasted nearly a year before someone spit their dummy and created the 150mph GPZ900R

and all hell let loose shortly after with everyone trying to outdo each other.

Its been proven time and time again that the BHP doesn't have an impact on the AMOUNT of accidents but the GODS still dont listen and never will :banghead: