Bicycles

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ginge, Jan 25, 2014.

1. ginge

ginge Active Member

Was just bored and thought a picture thread of people's bicycles would be cool (just wanted to show mine off) haven't seen one on here so sorry if there already is
    Had mine for nothing and all in all owes me 30 including paint
    Ive stripped everything and redone and replaced almpst everything
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. ginge

ginge Active Member

Don't suppose you know of a mechanical disc brake bike or even just the calipers knocking about cheap do ya?

3. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    nah, usually a couple of bikes with them on usedwalsall, I only do hydraulic disc brakes, really fussy about my brakes lol should be some cheap on ebay?

4. Jordan727

Jordan727 Member

If i were to upload photos id be here all day, had more bikes than hot dinners.

Used to buy cheap ones, repair them and resell on ebay after a little bit of use. Made some decent coin at it too for a while when at college.

Bought one once for £10, replaced tube and polished it back on ebay same day and sold for £50! ;)

Grandads garage was full of them.. Litterally.

5. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    trying to slowly build up a old and rare bike. wont do any full pictures until its done but ginge knows what bike it is. my forever bike which i will slowly upgrade after the initial build....
    1607097_606666559387567_368390883_n.jpg
    refurbing some brake callipers today. first coat of paint. will get several coats then 3 coats of laquer.

6. ginge

ginge Active Member

I best get these 4 out the shed and get em done
    Scootz if you find a 24" back wheel i might even cook you a dinner lol

7. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    i dont do 24" bikes lol only bmx and higher end mountain bikes now ;)
    cancelled my order on all the parts i was getting. going to try get it as good as i can without spending much. just the bottom bracket, cables, chain and headset will be new :confused:

8. ginge

ginge Active Member

Well pm me what you need and il see what I got I just need a 24 back for that purple ammaco

9. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    My ol banger.

Attached Files:

scootzmadness and ginge like this.
  10. ginge

ginge Active Member

[​IMG][​IMG] need to do these soon lol got no room for mine haha

11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Nail an hang. ?.

12. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Don't think melody's gonna be able to handle,a C 30+ mile daily.6dys a week from the ->5th-
    so slowly getting with the busy / on giving mtb a good all over,
    it's fair sound,even if not been used for like eeeever.just be a general lube,clean,pump uP!,looking at a 3pck of I/tubes via argo's C £10.00 that's all to be ready for full use.,
    Will try damdest not to use as truly have a pathological hatred of being on the push esp.with the enforced union of cyclist's and other roaf users in London today. :mad: .,
    but this ain't about me,strickly protecting the job dealio,if i've got to use /will,and for month's if neccesary.(barf).,
    an in some twisted sort of logic,even though i'll be absolutely hating every f.....g minute of it-
    irregardless of what else is happening at mo /putting aside for a small workie,poss.something like an scv,etc.................

13. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Gonna be riding through the gloom.........

Attached Files:

scootzmadness likes this.
  14. andyn11

andyn11 Active Member

Rides:
    peugeot speedfight 2
    Got mine cheap claud butler for £50

Attached Files:

scootzmadness likes this.
  15. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    getting one of my old bikes back for £30. missed it since selling it and regret selling it big time. needs a lot of work but as soon as I get my cast off im going to be cycling ALOT.

ginge likes this.
  16. ginge

ginge Active Member

I am liking the blue outers might be on look out for some in green for my rebuild :)

17. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    been messing around with mine for a few days, been giving it a bloody good clean, stripped it right down to the frame, new bottom bracket, new bearings all round, new cables all round, some nice schwalbe marathon tyres, changed the seat for a nice comfortable one, going to get some lights for it at the weekend, was going to paint it but havent bothered yet. going to put some bullhorn handlebars on it when i get the chance (had them waiting for the perfect bike to go on for ages) and might do a v-brake conversion from the standard cantilever brakes. getting bored of messing about with it, just wanna go get it muddy lol

ginge likes this.
  18. ginge

ginge Active Member

Rob the caliper for me mate yeah ;)

19. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    cant, not my bike, not my brothers bike, his/my mates bike, hes only been able to borrow it because the owners knees are fucked.

20. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Language,tsk,tsk,tsk. :) .