Bicasbia on Ebay AWKWARD !

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Skivesey, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Skivesey

Skivesey New Member

Bicasbia seem to look like a large and accomplished company on Ebay, or so I thought.
    Needed a cylinder kit for a scooter I was given and went searching the net. Found one at a great price from Bicasbia, they also had the same kit advertised but with a euro price on another listing. Nearest I could find on the net was another £29 posted and the other ones on Ebay were a lot more. A couple of days later I hit the button and bought it. 22nd March I ordered it and a week later they dispatched it, eventually arriving on the 7th April. Opened it when I got home and found inside a kit made by BCR, strange I had ordered an Airsal. Sent a message asking if this was correct, to be told they made a mistake with the picture and they didn't have Airsal but the one I had would fit. They also made a mistake on the listing title, description and the sales receipt. Sent message I was advised Airsal as all aluminum and a good brand from Spain, also I couldn't find much about BCR from PRC and what seemed to be cast and heavier. No reply waited no reply, thought maybe they had info on what they were selling. Opened case on Ebay and return accepted, then Ebay informs me Bicasbia cannot send a return label ( or just don't want to pay ).
    Sent message no reply, sent another no reply.
    Now in the Ebay loop of seller must pay return postage, seller wont, Ebay says ask them to step in as time expired, can't just get looped to the same page constantly but can't get Ebay to escalate. Reported add to Ebay but looks like its still there and so is the one in euros. Sent another message to Bicasbia tonight and awaiting reply , same as others advert they say is mistake of wrong picture is fraudulent in real terms, not what it says on the tin and they should give me a paid label for the couriers as per Ebay rules. How you get treated by a supposed legitimate trading company on Ebay beggers belief, you are it seems bullied into either paying postage or keeping if you are not prepared to wait weeks from the initial purchase. I suppose that's what they hope, not very good buisness practice ime not gonna exactly sing there praises anywhere. AWKWARD !

2. Skivesey

Skivesey New Member

Even more confused I have now found 2 listing for BCR from a different Italian company. Both fit my Xmax 125 but 2 slightly different prices, well above what I paid. The stock pictures look different, the gasket is green and missing the exhaust. Mine are silver with exhaust and 4 brown valve seals, strangely on other adverts that is shown for a TNT cylinder set. Have I got the wrong item in the wrong box aswell ? Bloody strange. Infact what I have is Bicasbias unnamed item, which was a couple of quid more expensive to what I thought I had bought and that photo again looks like a TNT cylinder set which is not as expensive as the BCR by the other company. I had been looking on Ebay for a few weeks before I hit the button.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Why didn't you just go to Pedparts for trhe cylinder kit?
    They're not expensive, the Airsal T6 is only £122.......

4. Skivesey

Skivesey New Member

They were my other option for another £29 originally. Not the T6 as don't need all the whistles and bells, just want a reliable commuter. Reason I didn't was like anyone you look around and hopefully find a deal, had some good ones in the past and money saved goes on other things. There's always a list of bits on a project they just seem to add up as you go through and look properly. Once I get this Ebay deadlock sorted £99.95 gets me the real deal.

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Reading back through your original post, it looks (reads) like they sent you a cast iron cylinder kit if I'm not mistaken?
    Have you tried to fit it yet?
    China is well known for ripping off other companies stuff, I wouldn't worry about the colour of the gaskets or exhaust gasket if I were you.
    By the way, the Malossi cylinder kits are cast iron you know, just different port timings and tighter tolerances......

Have you got a link to the original advert on ebay?

6. Skivesey

Skivesey New Member

Yes it's item no 313434799715 and it is still listed as so is the other one ! Trying all sorts with Ebay but because they sent an address all on hold. Not having much luck at the moment with Ebay have other things messing up and loads of hassle, being put right off ( another story ). Gotta go to work add more later.
    Regards Kevin.

7. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Yeah, saw that one last night, thought it might be the one.
    Definately aluminium barrel though in the picture.
    Can you post a pic of the one you received?

8. Skivesey

Skivesey New Member

Look for the TNT ad on Ebay with 4 brown valve seals, but mines in a BCR box. Definitely heavier than original, so some if not all cast. Ebay just sent me a refund on another thing, only trouble is nobody asked them to and already been given replacement.
    Now to spend ages sorting it with the seller, feel sorry for them as they were very good and settled the problem. Now just the big costing item !

9. Skivesey

Skivesey New Member

Ebay just sorted it for me after a chat on the phone to them last night. Explained all to them and they said not to worry about return postage deadline, they will intervene and it could be sorted within 5 days. They themselves couldn't give me a return label as it was to Italy and they would contact Bicasbia for me seeing I could get no reply from them. Thought great thats progress without the worry of the looming deadline of my return postage of cylinder, then maybe case closed. Got in from work and was greeted with PayPal telling me I had been given a full refund and then on Ebay case closed refunded. So much nicer talking to someone and not getting looped around, a month later thanks to Ebay I finally am back to where I started and now off to get an Airsal not just a pretty picture of one and fobbed off. Got other problem sorted as well and their money goes back to them another case closed.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  10. ramo

ramo GoldMember

I’ve had similar problems with this place a while back. Being sent wrong items and being told “it’ll fit” etc.

Makes you grateful for the returns policy we have in the UK!

11. Skivesey

Skivesey New Member

My advert ended after being repaid from Ebay, then they just listed it exactly the same and also had another listing with a slight price difference. So I messaged them on both and asked if they were genuine Airsal, considering again listing title said it was, picture and description in both listings. Got a message back from one of them to say no it wasn't and at the moment it's BCR. Not just awkward they seem to be bloody blatantly miss selling !