Beware of Scooter-Noob member

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by murerg, Jun 8, 2013.

1. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Hi there,

Most people in here know me as I've been here for some time now and I have dealt with a lot of members for parts sales without any issues.

This is a message to warn other scooter shack members about the member Scooter-Noob. Please read the story to the end as the whole thing is well worth it and it will avoid you a lot of hassle in the future.

As you all know I was selling quite a few parts in the past week as the wife asked me to clear the garage and Scooter-Noob contacted me to purchase some wheels. We agreed on a price and until then everything was fine. I messed up the delivery it seems and had to confirm his address somehow (I used myhermes via my wifes business in order to get the delivery cheaper) and contacted Scooter-Noob because of it.

Abuses started to fly and I was called a liar, someone that wanted a free loan, and was poin ted out as someone who had no intent to send the wheels in question. At that stage I would like to mention that we were talking about £35 for the wheels + delivery... Yes you heard right. It seems, I, a full time project manager, with a second job as a mechanic in my spare time, with a wife that owns her own business... it seems... needed a £35 free loan!... lol

I have dealt with a lot of members on the scooter shack forums in the past and sold a lot of parts, even sent parts before getting paid for it when dealing with trusted know members but being called a liar was an absolute no no for me. Even more though I would have, as I've done in the past, offered a partial refund on the delivery for the inconvenience but never even had the chance to do so and to be fair, the abuse didn't really help. I was clearing my garage.. He could have offered me £10 + postage originally and I would have said yes straight away. It was never about the money, only about doing what I've been told to by the wifey.

So I decided he could dream his wheels and I would contact the courier in order to get the delivery cancelled. I was definitely prepared to lose £15 so I wasn't giving a bargain to such an ungrateful user.

It took me a few days, but I did manage to get my delivery cancelled and provided Scooter-Noob with a full refund for his purchase.

Now you would think it would stop here no?... It definitely didn't and thing got a lot more interesting.

2. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

As you probably know I was selling a few parts on the forum in the thread here. All items were listed on ebay as I couldnt be bothered with the potential hassle of having to deal with another Scooter-Noob troll.

A few days after the auctions started I was contacted by an ebay useralside101 asking for some aerox wheels. Unsuspicious I advised him I had some but they were being returned in a few days due to issues with a previous buyer.
    He then mentioned he needed them for his speedfight. That made me click that in fact
    Scooter-Noob was ebay user alside101 as I remmeber him mentioning that his one of his communications.
    I advised him that in now ways I would sell him any of my items and I then added alside101 on my black list of users.
    He did pretend not to know what I was talking about...

..but wait... it gets better!....

My auctions finished last Sunday. Most of it sold and an ebay user Barnsleydave2013 won the stage 6 oversie variator.
    I sent him the invoice and the user started telling me he would pay for the item straight away as soon as he arrives home. As he didnt I contacted him again, and he said he would pay shortly. I thought this was a bit odd as he also mentioned the parts going on a zip so I considered cancelling the transaction but thought something wasnt quite right. I decided to check the user details and realised that Scooter-Noob was Barnsleydave2013 ! Same address... what are the chances?... I contacted ebay support and
    offer the item to another buy as second chance offer. I then raised a unpaid dispute (which I closed in error later).
    I then realised that that same user attempted to bid on other auctions leading me to think he just wanted to troll my ebay listings. Buyers on ebay cannot get negative feedback. Smart...ish! He only won one item, thank god for that as it saved me and ebay support some time and hassle!

It seems the only point in this was for Scooter-Noob to leave negative feedback on my account in order for my future sales to be affected. I guess he just couldnt let it go not having my beautiful aerox wheels :)

Now we think it would be the end of it no?... Wrong... it gets even better!

I had a general listing on ebay for spare parts with a price at 99p for a wheel nut (So no one buys it and I can list the required item in another listing). And I was surprised someone actually was dumb enough to buy it today. I thought something was odd once again... Checked the ebay account in question. Surprise Surprise... Scooter-Noob was using a third account to troll my listings! He was using an ebay user Housewife99 (which was then changed for a different name today as shown here (Dave0w).)

3. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

I obviously contacted ebay support to advise them of the use of multiple accounts for harassment purposes and all his accounts are now being investigated because of it. All feedback left (And that it should leave with any of his accounts) on my account have been removed or will be should he leave more in the future. I was obviously refunded all my fees as well which was a nice surprise from ebay (they can be very understandable it seems!).

Now all of that seems a bit over the top from a user. What do you think?

Although I might have cocked up the original delivery of the wheels (Even though they mentioned the postcode not being formatted correctly), it is quite creepy how far internet trolls are ready to go when they dont get what they want!

If I remember well as well, and if you do a quick search on the forums, you will find another user who had issues with this member for a previous sale.

I would definitely advise forum members to be extremely careful when dealing with Scooter-Noob for any sales. Trust me, it just isn't worth the hassle!

4. supraking

supraking Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    thanks for the heads up, sounds like a bit of a nightmare
    hope things get sorted soon for ya

5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Be keeping my eyes open for sure.

6. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

Everything got sorted at my end anyway, and all his ebay accounts have been marked should he try to leave any negative feedback or attempt to purchase anything from me in the future.

Pretty crazy what some people are doing to annoy other folks though... even more so when he s been pretty active on the forums lately.

If anyone has any issue with him feel free to mention my ebay username (gmurer) as my account has been noted all over. :)

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Luckily for the rest of us it would seem he's tagged
    the wrong person!.

8. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Wow..kids got far too much time on his hands..

9. murerg

murerg MBK Hero!!!

That's what I thought!...

Funny thing is he had like 100+ feedback on each of his ebay account!" I would love the ebay investigation to show up that he was using alt accounts to bump his sales :p A full ban would be what he deserves! :p

10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Go get him tiger!. :) .

11. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Housewife99 ffs! Would piss me right off..

12. Boxer_Dog_2002

Boxer_Dog_2002 Member

Rides:
    Kinroad XT 125
    Some people just have way to much time.on there hands, sounds like he don't get out much, thanks for the heads up on that one, just shows u can't trust anyone these days. What a complete scandal.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  13. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    what a wanker pitty his father wasnt or he wouldn be here lol

14. Cory Cole-Wilkins

Cory Cole-Wilkins Member

Rides:
    Yamaha YQ-50 Aerox
    That's over the top isn't it.

eBay can be understanding sometimes it seems.
    Glad it's all sorted, I hate non-paying buyers and trolls!

15. Italjet Dragster X

Italjet Dragster X nK Evox

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox YQ50
    Hahaha this story made my night :') I hope no one has to deal with scooter noob as he is a complete cock ,! Thanks for he heads up and good luck with future sales :)

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Seen a few of his posts,it seems he does know a fair bit about stuff,
    'spose that could be a bit confusing to some,but just goes to show/don't it,
    Good at some,s...e at others!.mk. :) .

17. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    the guy seems like a cocky know it all to me, thinks he knows it all when infact on several occasions I know hes been wrong about something, telling people something wont work when he probably hasn't even tried. way he acted with you seems hes a immature prick. good luck with future sales :)

18. antman1992

antman1992 Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    Tbh he seems more of a troll than a person who knows what he's on about

yer he give people abit of good info but thats about it then he give people bad info and doesnt have a clue what he's on about he told me a 50cc aerox would not get over 50 without a gearup kit quite funny how mines perfectly set up and does 62 dont ask how but has been clocked by a zx600r /bandit 600 with a digital Clock

he's more of a person that only thinks he knows everything any only his info is correct and anybody else info is wrong tbh douche..

scootzmadness likes this.
  19. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Too many 'O's in his name and I don't mean in scooter.