Beware of bike theives

Discussion in 'Scooter Related News' started by Diesel, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    I never felt the need to apply for a permit. I feel safe where I live in San Diego, Ca.
    I do keep a real Taser C2 with me if I am going someplace I don't know. Always while traveling.
    We can carry C2 Tasers concealed legally here in CA.
    I used mine as a deterrent only one time in ten years.

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Tell me about it mate.!.,
    grew up in Harriman,Tennesee,right to bear arms was ingrained in me,
    coming back over to England where I was born is a collosal culture shock in that regard,people are so apathetic they don't realise they live in a country where the ruling classes have removed a person's right to protect themselves.
    You can get pretty much nicked for carrying a f.pencil over here.

Rockin'EZ likes this.
  3. hairyjim

hairyjim To be repaired, restored.i hope.

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    tried. Buying a crossbow a few years back.got told i need a license .

Rockin'EZ likes this.
  4. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    My ancestry is English for the most part. From my understanding the common people could not even own a sword in centuries past.
    Set me straight if I am incorrect, but I don't think the English public has ever had the right to anything more dangerous than a beer mug or a butter knife.

On the other hand, when someone goes crazy in England they do not have ready access to fire arms.
    It works out both ways. There may be more crime, but you rarely get killed in the commission of that crime. In the U. S. it is a crap shoot weather the crook has a gun, and if he crazy enough to use it.

There are wide open spaces in the U.S. Sometime when you are out in the middle of no where, you feel safer armed. It is a totally different place as Mark Emerson can tell you.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    In England's past,it was traditional for the common man to arm and train himself at certain times,with certain weopens in the service of his Lord,as it was mostly a feudal society.
    The only weopens you are legally allowed to carry with you nowadays are your arms and legs,and even using them in defense of yourself could end with you getting into seriously hot water,
    as they have some seriously fkd. up rulings concerning such.

Rockin'EZ likes this.
  6. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Yes sir
    no sir
    just here to be down trodden sir.beat me,beat me.thank you

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    We live In an apathetic society.......
    But what can you do. :) .

hairyjim likes this.
  8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

This is certainly true about using ones arms and legs for defence purposes.
    You are, believe it or not, supposed to inform your assailant, before they strike you, that you are trained in whatever art of self defence you are trained in, no less than three times, before using such methods to suppress your attacker.
    Of course, this happens every day in this society doesn't it??????
    Like hell!
    As my father said to me when i was a kid, if a gang of lads are giving you grief, take out the biggest one first as they are usually the leader. Do it in any way necessary to knock them on the floor, quickly, and without mercy. And if they get back up quickly, do it again before they get fully to their feet.
    'cos if they get to their feet after you belted them the first time, then you didn't do it right, and you're gonna get a kicking.

I showed my god son how to hit someone because he was getting bullied at school, by the end of the week he had got suspended for hitting the kid who was doing the bullying. His mother gave me hell for telling him how to put a stop to it, but now both him and the (old) bully are mates and in the same band together, practicing around each others houses at least 3 times a week.

9. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Grandad taught me ,take your glasses off and give as good or better than you get.
    Sometimes kids can 'bullie' a bit to integrate a person into a social structure,
    then again you also have you're genetically gifted nasty pieces of work.

10. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    when it comes to weapons i think there should be some leway here and there. if we want to carry pepper spray incase of an attack or dye spray (obtainable on ebay) that temporarily blinds the attacker so that you can get away and the dye spray not only blinds but leaves a red dye that cant be washed off for 4 weeks.
    i personally carry somethings for defence, small can of lynx usually in a pocket, keys are always to hand, get one inbetween your fingers if needed. when im on the ped or bike, ive usually got a stanley blade under my seat but ive got a fountain pen tip glued to one of the nuckles on each of my gloves, thatll help somewhat.
    someone wants to hurt you, fuck them up big time so they learn their lesson! fuck the law when it comes to this, just make sure youve got one of the best solicitors around. we should have the right to bear arms if needed but to do it legally go through training and a 6 monthly licence reapplied for and safety equiptment/weapon checked/updated.

fuck it. im moving to america.

11. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    TEXAS...they got big long roads out there.im going to TEXAS.

12. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    WE SHOULD GO TOGETHER !!! do they have cowboys there too or is that another state?

13. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    Texas is full of cowboys.loads on the west coast too.

14. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    i wanna go there!

15. hairyjim

Rides:
    Got a gilera ice
    not sure of im allowed in navada..well i am allowed but i got driving tickets there and im not sure if im off the hook.would like to do a desert run again.maye a bike on 66 not a car.

scootzmadness likes this.
  16. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    Texas is pretty damn hot, cold, and windy. It also comes with mosquitoes that can carry a man. In the Panhandle it hardly rains, but when it does it often comes with tornadoes.
    In south Texas they get hurricanes. Galveston is still in bad shape after the last one.

I grew up there. It is the sort of place that makes a person able to tolerate things.....

Every once in a while most states have amnesty for traffic tickets. Watch the State of NV website and you may be able to pay the original fine. If it went to warrant.... I don't know.

We have the same law for trained professional fighters here. These type of folks don't usually look for trouble in my experience. If you have the discipline to work out daily, you have the discipline to handle most things without violence.

Me, I can't even get out of bed at the same time every day.

17. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I'm starting to like you,but ends where we differ.:),
    02:00 sharp everyday/sun.included.:D .

18. Rockin'EZ

Rockin'EZ Active Member

Rides:
    '08 GY6 150cc
    I have a job that does not set hours.
    If I make all my meetings, and make the project schedule, I can choose any 14 hours I want to work in a day ;-)

19. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Well,woop-deee do.:D .

20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Oh how I wish for long straight roads...

hairyjim likes this.