Beverly rebuild

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Ian Robinson, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Ian Robinson

Ian Robinson Member

Started today on sorting out my beverly 125,the scarabeo is leakin oil out the crankshaft oilseal and ive never taken a variator of and i belive the seal is expensive so will be back on that when i can, spent a good hour trying to start the bev, pulled of panels, checked for a spark, pulled the petrol pipe off and checked for petrol flow,then i remembered that the last time id had it running the knack was not to touch the throttle at all, so i was up and running, went to fuel up and pump up the tyres, couldnt get the valve cap of the rear tyre, didnt bring any tools, oh well the front was up so i set of home(15miles)the engine ran well for a couple of miles then started to die, crawlin along for 20 seconds then picked up, it did that all the way home, limp mode? Probably water in the carb,theres no cap on the tank, pulled all the plastics off and made a start, bought as a non runner, stolen recovered, came with no key so bought a bypass cdi of ebay £60, i like the look of the beverly but the retro looks of the scarabeo have grown on me, i like the underseat storage but the floors higher because of the tank, i have to lift my creakky legs higher, on the scarab i just walk into it, it took 6 months of ebay watching to get the last body panel, (GLOVEBOX) low milage so hopin to bme running soon

Attached Files:

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Nice to see progress dude.
    I think there is something going around in the bike world, all mine have had water in the fuel too! Hahaa