best route

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by twodogs, Jan 30, 2017.

1. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    im going fromnr134az to bn177lz whats the best way to go ... not tho London...Norwich to littlehampton

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

use a map...

3. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    what a good idea , wont tell me the best route tho im in two minds as to m11 or a 12

4. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

M11 is always a bloody car park... i would try the a roads instead, depends what time of day you are going really, but the M11 is pretty much always busy (i use that one every time im in the uk)

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

If you're in no rush, set the satnav to avoid motorways.

7. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

If you do an AA route online you can change it to avoid motorways etc.
    Your journey will be ok going down the A12 but you will still need to hop on to the M25 to cross the Thames.
    I take it L plates are not involved?? If so the actual bridge is not a motorway so you get on at the A13 and straight off at the first exit on the other side (Dartford??)
    As an ex hgv driver of 35 yrs I've never had much of a problem with the M11 but as said it can get busy at peak times it just depends when you are going and being 2 lanes roadworks or an accident can affect it severely.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  8. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    full licence going by car , the problem is I just need local knowledge as to what is the best route at present due to road works and such like

9. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Easiest option is AA roadwatch or BBC travel to get an up to date traffic situation just before you go but you are limited on routes so it's either basically M11 or A12 to the M25 then round over the bridge and down the M23.
    The Dartford bridge does not have any toll booths so you just drive over but you will be clocked on camera.
    If it's a return journey I find it's best to prepay especially if you will be busy and not able to complete the whole trip before the first crossing time limit expires.
    It's free after 10pm but it's at night all the roadworks and road closures appear on all the motorways.
    If you have a smart phone regularly check the traffic.

10. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    some times when they have road works on roads it goes on for bloody months that's the sort of things I want to avoid
    why are you not at work gilbueton

11. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

I'm long retired lol
    If the weather was better I'd be out in the garage.

12. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    like me bored so stuck on the computer