Benelli 49x tuning help PLSSSSSSSSSSSS..!!

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by rOcKoN, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rOcKoN

rOcKoN New Member

Rides:
    Benelli 49x
    My name is Nicolas , i own a Benelli 49x scooter and removed all the cutters and the things in the exhaust so its pretty fast..but i need some advice on tuning it safely without damaging anything..plss

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    opened it up but did nothing..

2. bait

bait Active Member

best bet is wip engine out and stick a 70 kit in get a haynes manual if they do them as it looks lc and that means ur gna have 2 bleed the coolant pipe and you may want a new pipe if thats stock

3. rOcKoN

rOcKoN New Member

Rides:
    Benelli 49x
    My engine isnt watercooled bro..

4. bait

bait Active Member

fair enough cudnt tell was tryin 2 c the ac cover on the flywheel but it looked like ther was no holes 4 air 2 get in there well then that makes it even easier get an ac 70 kit
    and its a str8 swap what exhaust is that btw?

5. rOcKoN

rOcKoN New Member

Rides:
    Benelli 49x
    its the stock exhaust but i removed all the silencing stuff the put inside..

6. rOcKoN

rOcKoN New Member

Rides:
    Benelli 49x
    and yeah i was pretty suprised i mean there is nowhere the air can go in for my kit 2 cool down..anything else i can do than changing my kit..?

7. bait

bait Active Member

exhaust and carb you will need 2 change ur rollers n clutchsprings snf this cant be right the air has 2 b getting into the plastic bit over ur barrel some how ther is a plastic cover over ur barrel yea??

and taking the silencing shit outa your endcan dont make a diffrence its the restrictors u want out

8. rOcKoN

rOcKoN New Member

Rides:
    Benelli 49x
    ok firstly there is a plastic cover yeah and i did removed the restrictors too..at least when i bought it i asked them to do it so i guess they did it..so changing the rollers and clutchsprings will help i was pretty sure you would say this.. am not sure about the rollers weight tho..and anything else i could do with small amount of money? or no money at all? just askin am pretty sure there is no way to do something with no money but am curius and open to any suggestions.. :mrgreen:

9. bait

bait Active Member

no sorry mate uve missunderstood me u only need 2 change springs and rollers once youve got a pipe on ther or a 70kit on there
    really the best thing for you 2 do wud b save up and get a 70kit they do go quite cheap i believe on scooter center thers a kit for 80 quid

10. rOcKoN

rOcKoN New Member

Rides:
    Benelli 49x
    ooh sorry bro..well if i change the springs and the rollers..belt too without installing a 70kit..would it be ok? i believe yeah whats your opinion?

11. bait

bait Active Member

no it will do nothing you have a stock bike and rollers jet and clutch springs are only setup bits and whats in there atm is the best possible setup for what ur running u can change belt but theres no point unless the belt ur currently using is damaged however ur engine looks fresh so i doubt it will be save up for a 70 or leave it tbh thers anuther post similar 2 this around where some one who knows his shit (minor) says that even putting a sports exhaust on a 50 kit puts it under strain so you can do it...but it means ur kit wont be as reliable so yea once again id personaly save 4 the 70 kit and a new exhaust

12. rOcKoN

rOcKoN New Member

Rides:
    Benelli 49x
    a lot of friends of mine just added a belt for acceleration and light weighted rollers for acceleration too , malossi speed control and racing clutch some of them an exhaust 2..without a kit..and the bike was really faster..i really want to avoid the kit..and yeah my bike is new only 800km running..

13. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Use the search until you have an understanding of the basics of scooter tuning. Then ask specific questions when you have learned what you are meant to be asking.

This topic will now be locked as it's completely useless and theres 40 topics just like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.