Be aware of 'undercover' police cars

Discussion in 'Scooter Related News' started by Jefr0-180, Nov 29, 2009.

1. GUNS

GUNS the usual suspect

Rides:
    racing SP70 & LX172
    women have the luxury of driving on, to a place where there are other people about, due to a spate of rapes that took place a few years ago, by a car using police lights in the grille to falsely get them to pull over on deserted roads.

2. MoonDog

MoonDog Member

Rides:
    Honda Dylan 04
    My advice is do not pull over. Some months back i was going home from work late at night and i saw flashing blue lights behind me, from the darkness i couldnt make out the vehicle. I thought probably the cops, but as soon as they do a PNC its going to come back clean. But i wasnt going to stop. If they are really cops they'll over take me and shout "pull the fk over" or something similar, in which case i can identify the car as being marked. If no markings id hightail it for the nearest police station or garage forecourt, somewhere with cameras, people, preferably cops. Then it can be dealt with, but i wouldnt pull over for anyone unless i know 100% its a marked police car. Undercover cops cant/wont pull you over if you are in a vehicle, or riding a bike, unless its an unmarked traffic car (and this is rare where i live). They will call for a marked unit to actually do the stop, so you know its legit.

So my advice is: you see blue lights, ignore or wave them past. Dont stop until you know who the hell it is. If it isnt marked, find a petrol station, supermarket, police station, or somewhere else with a lot of cameras, and preferably a lot of people. If it does indeed turn out to be the police, be polite and explain why you didnt stop. They will understand, especially if this sort of crime is prevalent in your area. But whatever you do, dont pull over in some dark street, devoid of life, because you are just asking for trouble (use common sense).

The number of times ive seen or read about people getting carjacked or bikejacked, the person always does something dumb or acts in a gullible way. People will exploit your human weaknesses. Dont let them. Use your brain. If that means you get some crap from the police because you didnt pull over until you were in a well lit, well surveilled place, then so be it. You can make an IPCC complaint if you think its justified (like a cop in an unmarked vehicle attempts to pull you over at 2am in a dark street in a bad area of town, and you refuse until you reach somewhere well lit, with people and/or cameras, then tries to arrest you for failing to stop). If it ever made it to court, and you can prove you felt intimidation (not hard if its a bad area of town and the car wasnt marked) then that sort of thing will get thrown out of court, as long as you didnt do anything stupid after you stopped.

Just remember, if it is a police officer, you are dealing with some guy who has to deal with the assholes of society on a regular basis. He doesnt really want to stop you, or cause you trouble, because that equals paperwork. If you treat them the way you would want to be treated, they tend to be ok to you. If you swear a lot and give them abuse, well shit happens a lot, and you might end up in a cell over night (and in my area that cell could be up to 90 miles away depending on the night, and the number of assholes already occupying them).

3. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    woah this is a whole story! gonna read it now lol :D

Sebastian. likes this.
  4. topbud221

topbud221 Member

Rides:
    piaggio nrg extreme
    i was gunna say some thing along them lines tht you dont have to stop if its a unmarked car n not get in any trouble as it could be anyone / and my m8 had some blue flashing lights on his car and we used to go round pulling people then blowin of was quite jokes :)

5. Forde

Forde Member

police cars dont have tinted windows. its not even legal to have front windows tinted so why would the cops have it.

in northern ireland where i am from there are a lot of unmarked traffic cars. but the cops in them wear uniform usually.

although the theives could just wear uniforms and then you'd really think they were cops

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

firearms cars have tinted windows but only the back none of the front, im so glad i moved to this island in norway, i leave the keys in my scoot here and leave it outside (yeah it was free...) when i lived in the uk people always tried to nick my runner, my suzuki has been nicked 3 times (got it back all 3 times as its a pain to start), my pit bike got the engine nicked one night, and the next night they came back for the rest (yeah thats kinda wierd right? in fact they moved my mates KTM to nick the engine...) oh and my first moped which i sold to my mate got nicked from his garden... thats nuts, never noticed but ALL my old bikes have been nicked!

7. c0nn0r77

c0nn0r77 Member

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    Always check the numberplate.. all police cars have OU at the start

8. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    thats why people buy a garage and a shotgun lol :p

Windis and scubabiker like this.
  9. super9

super9 if you see blue lights "RUN"

Rides:
    70cc kymco super 9
    one of my uncles mates is a copper..i got talking to him about marked units and unmarked units and even he said a unmarked unit cant pull you over they can try but you dont have to stop they have to call for a marked unit with an officer that is in uniform..and then you have to stop

10. speedy-demon

speedy-demon ■□■□■□■□■□■□

Rides:
    Like a pro
    lol thers loadsa myths about undercover cars, the only thing you can really do is keep your eyes open and looking everywere..

round by me they drive vauxhall insignia's, bmw m5's, skoda octavias - fabia's, they'v also got WR450 enduro bikes, Golf R32's, Evo MR-FQ 400's n scoobys RB320's wich are out f*ing quick, you can usually see the strobe lights behind the grills n lights tho or see a hench shadow (stabproof vests) but sometimes there completely underdover like the Golf R32's (they look like drug dealers).. might be diffrent this summer because of all the police funding cuts.. whatta shame:)

once i smoked past a fabia on the runner at bout 80mph, they caught my mate who was tryna keep up an he got spanked lmao, i never heard a thing:)

Azzle-Dazzle likes this.
  11. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    Thats fukd upp

12. Azzle-Dazzle

Azzle-Dazzle Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 4T

True, They may even resort to 50cc mopeds like us :)

Anyway, If you have doubts on an unmarked car, just dont stop. you wont get in any trouble, so long as your not 'evading' them, You're perfectly within your rights to drive somewhere busy, like a supermarket or high street, and then pull over.

Obviously its different with a marked police car lol, but not many of them get stolen, although the people inside it are still crooks.

13. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    true words there ...

14. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    quite a lot of unmarked units around my area, never stop for them ever. they'll chase you a bit, then a marked unit will come along if its proper pull over then just be polite and explain, ones around here can be arseholes when they want to be but most are ok with you aslong as your ok with them. the fake pull over and nick yer bike thing has happened four times to my knowledge around here. never safe anymore, gets to point where your scared to pull over incase you loose your bike. what the hell is wrong with this country !?!

15. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    a cop was standing buy his unmarked cop car with his speed gun the other day and i went past him at about 70 in a 30 and he did nothing

16. Xylon

Xylon Member

Rides:
    Honda PS125i
    Thanks a lot for the warning

17. andyn11

andyn11 Active Member

Rides:
    peugeot speedfight 2
    nice to know but need to look into that one

18. AeroxSteve

AeroxSteve Rox rider

That's only where your from, here in bristol they start with WX

19. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Up in London,unmarked can stop people-
    Seen them pull right in front and slow some cars to a standstill,probaly anti terrorist/drugs.

20. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    thats a tactical stop. go in fast and sharp, less evidence destroyed and less time for the crim to think. some people are saying its too tough. fuck is it. anti terrorist/drugs should go in bloody harder !

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.