Backfiring and cutting out

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by milo2025, May 4, 2019.

1. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

This is what kept happening in the rain just now. Managed to limp back home. Loud backfiring and the engine dies. Start her up again no problem only to happen again a mile or so later. Exactly the same thing happened a while back. Any ideas gratefully received.

2. milo2025

So had a closer look, fairly sure its the sparky but hard to say. Everything is damp ..

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Plug cap at a guess

4. milo2025

That and also water entering the air box. Poor design, will not be buying a pug again, too many flaws. Next time it rains pug stays in it's makeshift shed.

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I think the airbox design is pretty good on them. You should have seen my tomos... Useless here in Norway. I made a snorkel for it.

milo2025 likes this.
  6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

You don't really get rain in Cambridgeshire like we do here, I'm surrounded by mountains so it rains most days really. The flats of the fens have an effect on the rain for you that makes it just drizzle (something about pressure?)

7. milo2025

Hahaha :D

8. milo2025

Not sure why but yes lots of drizzle, but also east Anglia has the least rainfall in the UK allegedly - could have fooled me. Didn't think you had rain in Norway, only snow and lots of it :p Sun is shining and bike is fine today - what a coincidence! :cool: Soaked everything internally visable to the naked eye in WD-40 as apparently this is a water repellent. Something to do with silicone chips.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    scubabiker likes this.