back on a 2 swith the mighty gamma

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by lee mason, Oct 10, 2014.

1. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    so after 5 months with only having a car i decided it was time for a bike again, looked at a few gilly runner 125s but then saw this 1992 suzuki rg125 gamma it cost me £1100 :( but as it had a fully re powder coated frame swinarm and virtually everything fully rebuilt it seemed ok,its derestricted with 25bhp but its got a 1mm over bore and slightly ported so may have a bit more its been clocked at 95mph so far but after only 300 miles ive knocked the bottom end out of it lol.

IMG_20140902_193824.jpg IMG_20140902_193902.jpg

IMG_20140909_165907.jpg IMG_20140915_130400.jpg

scootzmadness likes this.
  2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

thats cool, my gt was actually a first gen rg125, had it at 80mph in 4th gear and got scared to go faster, old 2 stroke rule!

3. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    ooohhhh.... do like it.... one of those bikes that "I will someday own" ... .I hate you ;)
    btw nice fiesta in the background ;) tried mcdonalds tray drifting with it yet? ;)

4. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    haha the fiesta get the shit ripped out of it all the time its got a 3inch straight threw pipe just to anoy people haha

5. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    how do you think I feel, ive got a Nissan note haha 1.6 automatic and I got the gf a citroen Picasso (oh the shame) haha at the end of the day aslong as it gets you from point A to point B and doesn't break on you all the time then its a good en ;) that's what I try to tell myself anyway (facepalm)

6. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    i try to tell myself that to lol i need a nice descreet deisel next the fezza is only a 1.3 but dose 30mpg it i drive it like a nun or a bellend

7. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    keep the fiesta for a little while, trust me, insurance is a bastard on bigger engine cars, doing advanced helps loads insurance wise, ive slashed my insurance by over half by doing it. best diesel you can get is a older Volvo, not the ancient ones, but older, v40 is my favourite. theyre virtually indestructible unless you actually intend to kill it and do stupid stuff with it. the note is a pile of shit and boring as hell to drive, yeah its a good car if you just want to get about but it has fuck all power for a 1.6 and is so predictable its annoying. the Picasso is a bag of shit but fun to drive when your in the right mood. youll want to build your no claims or do advanced before you move up though - trust me, i tried to get insured on a Scooby, £13k !

8. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I had an Rg125 back in 85 or there about's, cost £1025 plus a fibreglass belly panel.

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

10. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    yeah my bellypan and nose cone are fibreglass

11. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    im paying £2100 on the fiesta 3 party :(

12. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    wont say what im paying on the note fully comp and the Picasso fully comp then, youll hate me.
    we decided to look around and see if we could get insurance cheaper before I get rid, got quoted £1k for a 1.6 automatic note and £995 for the Picasso... that's for two young drivers... :rolleyes:

13. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    not fair haha

14. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    anyway, plans for this bike?

15. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    The plan is to give it a full engine rebuild will upload pics as i go and then start fitting all the fairings properly and also hunt down a micron for it then thrash the crap out of it

16. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    will be ordering the parts for the engine rebuild next week and thinking of getting the barrel slightly ported too:)

17. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    IMG_20141015_092855.jpg DSC_0022.JPG got it stripped and a pic from its first ride

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  18. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    DSC_0044.JPG its had a fairly big blow up.at some point judging by all the pitting

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

yep, thats a ring, my suzuki was a twin, one head looked like that and one was fine, and get this, it had one overbore cylinder and one standard... i bored them both out, couldnt beleive it when it had 2 differnt sized pistons, and one main bearing was totally destroyed, the rod was just sitting on the crank, but it ran like that. damn i wish i still had that bike.

20. lee mason

lee mason Active Member

Rides:
    suzuki rg125 gamma
    The rg was still running but sounded like a coffee grinder lol although it dosnt need it its getting a new piston and rings too