atomiser/emulsifier

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by markymark2, Jul 9, 2020.

1. markymark2

markymark2 Member

just thought I`d make a post on the mostly and wrongly much overlooked matter of your carb`s atomiser/emulsifier , for anyone who is not aware of it`s existence or location and function it is the usually copper tube with tiny holes in it that sits above the main jet and the tip shows in the base of the carb venturi (opening in center) it`s normally a push fit and to remove you normally have to gently nudge the tip downward to get it to drop out (main jet having been removed first) . The holes in the tube turn the fuel into a fine mist as it travels up into the carb to be sucked into the engine. This little tube can be the cause of rough running and bad pick up as you accelerate , it`s very fine holes are easily blocked by muck and gummed up by old fuel etc causing fuel to be still much more of a liquid than a gas (even after a good application of carb cleaner) .So next time you change a jet or if your scoot is not running as smooth as it once was , take a few minutes to remove the atomiser and give it a good clean. A lot of scooter owners seem to rely on the filter at the vacuum tap of their fuel supply which is not the best , it`s always best to have a good quality in line filter like Polisport etc , it`s very surprising to see how much crap gets past the vacuum tap filter(if fitted) and is caught by the in line one , the last two friends who`s scoots I have done work on both had very badly fowled atomisers and loads of muck in their float bowls , £3.50 in line filter added to both to keep carbs running clean. I have done a ton of work on carbs , mainly 2 stroke , so will do a couple more posts on some of the more obscure problems that come up. stay safe.

Rickard Pingol and Stevep like this.
  2. Rickard Pingol

Rickard Pingol Active Member

Love it. Shower us with your knowledge

3. markymark2

markymark2 Member

as long as it`s just knowledge

Rickard Pingol likes this.