Are you a pet owner.?.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mark Emerson Trentham, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Dogs,cats,reptiles,gerbils,fish,etc.
    Would love to have a dog myself/was brought up with them from birth,till i left home - would'nt be fair on the dog though.me coming an going all the time.

So show us your pets.!.:).:).

2. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    Got a few.
    Japanese Akita X Shepherd.
    Staffordshire bull terrier (hes a elderly rescue whos currently with me for last of days care).
    Pure German Shepherd who is purely a out door dog, Hes a trained protection/Security/General purpose K9 who gets worked by a friend of mine and got a few fish.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  3. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Would love a little staffy,alot of people have such a negative view of them in alot of cases - reckon that's strickly down to the owners,lovely little dogs if not raised by some gold chained out the jacksie chav.
    Had a shepheard when my old man was in England no. of years ago named Lady,sadly dad gave her too a farmer when he moved home after a tour.Mk.

scootzmadness likes this.
  4. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    Staffys and GSDs are my two favourite breeds.
    If raised right a staffy is the perfect family dog, We used to have one that wouldnt leave my little sisters side, could walk her down the street with the dog carrying its own lead in its mouth, Soft as a brush. She got cancer and had to be PTS. Ill always have a GSD or staffy by my side.

5. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    I have five Westies and four Shih Tzus. I used to have six westies, but Wilson died at the age of 10 over the recent Bank Holiday and that was hard, he was my best friend. Westies are feisty, angry yappy little dogs that have "all the gear but no idea" - they will bark at anything but won't know why. The Shih Tzus are the wife's Ewoks, that's what they look like to me anyway. We also adpoted an Akita for a few years after a friend of mine died as no-one would take her as they thought she was dangerous. All she wanted to be was Mum to all of the other dogs.

I've also had Staffies - they are the most misunderstood dog in recent times. Mine were intelligent, loyal and totally harmless with anyone. a dog is a reflection of it's owner and too many chavs use them to make themselves look hard.

6. Bawdy

Bawdy New Member

I'd love another dog but will put that on hold until retirement, in the meantime my 4 cats keep us busy, 3 were picked up as kittens in the street...
    [​IMG]
    Justin, 9kg of cat that barks like a dog...
    [​IMG]
    KC, a 4-5 week old bundle of fluff that walked up to my wife and demanded to be picked up in the street, now an elegant and cool cat.
    [​IMG]
    Sebastian, found by my daughter when about 6 weeks old and with a broken leg, walks with a bit of a limp but a ruthless killer of anything he can catch, claim to fame was taking a bird out of the air when it flew over our balcony.
    [​IMG]
    Jinx, she walked out from under a car when about 4-5 weeks old, completely blinded with an eye infection, I stopped next to her, opened the door and picked her up without even taking my seatbelt off, took her straight to a vet who cleaned up her eyes and I got her back to health, at less than 2kg still the smallest adult cat you'll ever see, but won't let the other 3 to be too close to me.
    [​IMG]
    Sam, my old Pitbull, died of a heart attack at 13.5 years, a great character. RIP

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    It would be fascinating,if you were to post up how your dog & cats got on,if applicable.!,

8. Bawdy

Bawdy New Member

Sam was about 11 when we got the first kitten, in his prime he literally took 2 German Shepherds apart (they attacked my kids) but was a real softy with the kits...This is Justin pushing him out of his basket, he was nearly 13 here and had arthritis so had piled on the weight.
    [​IMG]
    Karma can be a bitch...A few years later, KC pissing off Justin when he was asleep!
    [​IMG]

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i have a ridgeback/rottweiler/labrador cross who is about 8 now, she is a strange dog thats for sure, i have a cat too that is just a bit strange and fat as she likes to eat the dog food.... they get on well consodering the size difference, my tenant has a dalmation border collie cross that is just too cute for words. i think my dog is in love with his, its cute...

10. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    I used to be, grew up with cats until I was about 12, the latest being 19 when she passed [​IMG]
    She looked like a kitten her whole life, tiny. Soft as grease with any person but would fight other cats ferociously, resulting in rips in the tops of both ears.. Feisty.
    Been trying to pursued the parents to get some kittens ever since, but with living on a busy road it's a tough decision

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

my cat looks quite similar to yours, dont have a pic though

12. scootzmadness

Rides:
    None.
    Just sneak a kitten into the house and let them discover it. They cant say no if its already done. Its how I used to bring dogs home ;):rolleyes:

Burridge likes this.
  13. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    2 cats and a jack russell. all the best of friends... most of the time.

dog usually comes off worse in any disagreement.

Bawdy likes this.
  14. JPOHLIC

JPOHLIC New Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon 50
    We have a small zoo in our house. I have two brittany's that I hunt grouse with every fall, although the oldest is 10 and this will probably be her last year in the field - she's really slowing down. They go absolutely nuts when I pull out the shotgun and hunting vest!!!

My wife and kids have 3 cats, my youngest daughter has a bunny, and I have a canary in my office. Oh ya, my wife also has a guinea pig and she fosters animals occasionally. Right now she's fostering 2 kittens until they are adopted.

15. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    two lurchers and two jacks work well as a team

16. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Just been watching ratters on farms via u/tube.brilliant example of a good relationship between man/dog,those terriers go mental.:).

17. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    we do some of that use a chain saw with out the bar get over a 100 some days

18. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    It was well entertaining,those little rockets loved it!

19. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

My welsh terrier used to love ratting, but he did stop and look the once when he came across a BIG bugger. Had him though, and came trotting back looking so proud of himself.:D

20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

my dog likes to sniff rats, think its the rottweiler in her, sometimes she just sniffs them out in pipes, but never gets them, she once chased a sheep, because she wanted to snif its butt, but the sheep jumped off the mountain and the farmer went mental and threatened to shoot her... arsehole...