Aprillia sr50

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Paul Gibbons, May 10, 2020.

1. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

Hi everyone in need of help I have purchased a aprillia sr50 all supposedly wrong with it was carb problem it’s 2016 and was sent video of it running and sounded ok but on receiving it I couldn’t start the kick start was crap so I tried electric start but no joy tried a new battery but no joy there seems there isn’t nothing working it’s silent starter doesn’t work when pressing starter oil light goes out indicators work also brake light were do I start to investigate the starter and what rules do I need to know when starting scooter such as holding bake when pushing start button all electric wiring look ok I have removed most panels to access engine is there other electric components I should check which will cause no power to starter I have ordered new kickstart mechanism as the spring is shot going to order new carb also looking for uk suppliers to get parts from as on eBay there lots but mostly abroad thank you in advance .

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

They can be difficult to tune as they are built to low tolerance levels, but when tuned correctly there's nothing else quite like them. It could be a multitude of factors. Was it working ok before? I'd keep it as near to factory spec as poss or you could be creating alot more work for yourself.

3. Paul Gibbons

Paul Gibbons New Member

When I bought it was running only needed new carb but I couldn’t get push start to work and kick start was in bad order starting on it this week bought new kick start casing and lubricared kick start spring I have bought new starter as old one looked tampered will let you know how I get on thank you for replying

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Check and clean the earth to the starter motor and also battery to frame earth.
    @milo2025, where in the original post did he mention tuning it????:confused:

5. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

A momentary lapse in concentration, sorry Paul.

Stevep likes this.
  6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Welcome to our world of old age and fuzzy eyes:rolleyes:

milo2025 likes this.