Aprilia Sr50 R 2016 help!

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by audculoriii, May 4, 2016.

1. audculoriii

audculoriii New Member

Hello folks

I am new on this forum and also new to Scooters but i have a background in bikes in general (from enduro passion).
    I recently bough an aprilia scooter , Sr50R model year 2016, carburation, piaggio engine .
    I currently derestricted the washer inside variator.

My question is:
    I am interested in buying an aftermarket exhaust (yasuni Z).

Do yasuni Z pipe come with new rollers / springs? (i didnt find anywhere exactly this information)
    I know i have to rejet the carb, its delorto 17.5mm, i will buy a new set of jets.

The problem is that everyone is advising me like im already a pro(put harder springs, buy 70cc kit etc). For instance, i dont know which after market spring is harder than mine, clutch example.

My aim is that i obtain pretty much stock scooter but with better acceleration and BHP/torque via yasuni Z and maybe new rollers if needed/counter spring/clutch springs.

Could you PLEASE point me to some combination u think works with my stock sr50 and yasuni Z? i would appreciate also links to some store , so atleast i have an idea.

ps: (my stock rollers are 19X15.5 and i think they are 5.3 grams-didnt really open to check, and i dont know about stock springs)

I would apreciate some answers very much. Please help me.
    Thank you in advance

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

The Yazuni might already come with new rollers, however, Give Andy P a ring at Ped Parts, he can advise better.
    You will need to re-jet the carb to suit the new pipe, but some patience will sort that out.
    I personally would not change the clutch springs or torsion spring just yet. You will find that just changing the exhaust and jetting the carb will change the scooter.

3. audculoriii

audculoriii New Member

thank you very much for your time to respond me. Related to Ped Parts, i would greatly ask for advise if you give me some exact email adress or something, since i don't really know Andy P, and also ped parts wont ship to my country, unfortunately.

4. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    The Yasuni Z is a LOUD pipe. I speak from experience, as my TKR2 has one on it at the moment and I got an MOT advisory last year for a noisy exhaust, despite changing the wadding inside the silencer. I have Leo Vince Sito that is going to replace it, so that I don't make dogs bark and babies cry when I ride past.

5. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Simply fully de restricting the sr would be a great start, try it before spending a load of money!