Aprilia sr50 Motard.

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Maxi.., Jan 26, 2014.

1. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Where about you too guys fuelling up the scooters by the way..??

2. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    I'll read it later - but one of the byproducts of burning alcohol and ethanol is water. Now in a car this is no problem because the four stroke engine is very good at expelling almost all the exhaust gasses. Two stroke engines on the other hand are not so good in this department and with a decent exhaust actually rely on getting lost fuel charge back in the engine by using a reverse shockwave from the exhaust pipe. Inevitably this results in more exhaust gasses wombling around in the engine. If these gasses contain water, I leave it to your imagination as to the effects of this on performance.
    Avoid !
    Repsol ! I buy my 98 in Spain......

Maxi.. likes this.
  3. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

I WILL!!!

turbovetto likes this.
  4. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Thanks again guys ...was great to talk with you all .tomorrow another day another $.good night.

5. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Evening All.!! This arrived today on post.very handy tool. [​IMG]

6. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

And this is the runner.[​IMG]

turbovetto likes this.
  7. nzsr50

nzsr50 New Member

Maxi... what set up are you running...ie...pipe,rollres,jet,filter and so on.
    I have got a 2013 motard 2t and im in New Zealand, its only done 800k so far.
    also are the jets 5mm or 6mm ???

8. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Well ,!! All factory set up not changed anything so far; only the air filter the plug and the oil in the engine..think realistic the bike is calibrated to 80 kms/ h by factory why should i change any parts. Yet.-)) first of all if you touch the bike you loose warranty!!! As you know.. But i derestricted the bike,take the washer out = + 10 -15 km/ h.then after another 800 kms i cut of the pipes from the exhaust = +5-10 km/h.
    And now i have a constant 65-70 km/ h. Anytime on straight road kicks up to 70 easily.But take it step by step or you klll the engine ...after 3000 kms if you wish to change the rollers the exhaust the jets it will make it jumpier when moving off .to be honest i don't know the size of jets.but before i change any parts i still have to take out the gold plate from the carb neck and adjust the needle in the carb and that will be up to 80 km/ h..... For me it is more than enough this speed -)) ...hope this help.. Safe rideing.

9. nzsr50

nzsr50 New Member

Thanks for reply.
    Im getting first service done in 4 weeks time. at this time the ring will be taken out of CVT and nothing else will be done at this time till i note how it goes. After this i will install new CDI with unrestricted Rev limit and note changes.
    next will be... plate in carb intake and rejet if needed, note changes. next will be... air filter and rejet if needed, note changes. Next will be a biggy... LV tt exhaust with roller kit, i will need to rejet at this stage as well. All this may take 2 or 3 months from now to complete.

10. nzsr50

nzsr50 New Member

do you know what the main jet size is 5 or 6mm ???
    can you look in your service CD manual please. It will save me pulling carb off to have a look.

11. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

'Orto
    DELL'ORTO CARBURETTOR
    Specification Desc./Quantity
    Type PHVA 17.5 RD Diffuser diameter Ø 17.5 Regulation reference number 8423
    Maximum nozzle: 53 Maximum air nozzle (on the body): Ø 1.5
    Tapered pin stamped code: A22 Pin position (notches from above): 1
    Diffuser: 209 HA Minimum nozzle: 32 Minimum air nozzle (on the body): Free
    Secondary minimum air hole Ø 2.5 Initial minimum mix screw opening: 1 1/2
    Starter nozzle 50 Starter air nozzle (on the body): Ø 1.5
    Stroke of starter pin: 11 mm
    Petrol inlet hole Ø 1.5

12. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Hope this help..

13. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Dell'orto should be 6mm thread. I have a PHVA 17mm from a Piaggio here and it has a 6mm main jet.

14. nzsr50

nzsr50 New Member

thanks guys. yes it is 6mm, just looked up on Dell'orto web site

15. nzsr50

nzsr50 New Member

today i installed a unrestricted CDI unit in to a fully shop floor restricted sr50 motard 2013.
    this made no change at all as the bike is still to restricted to rev out on its own.

10 days time will be the 1000km service and the removal of the CVT ring. will update then. i will also be installing a rev counter as well to see what motor is revving out to.

16. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Hi .nzsr50.. How bike goes in this days??

17. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Getting darker this days!! Anyone has any ideas of light upgrades. ??

18. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

for the record, all the piaggio motors have that brass plate, including the sendas/rs50 etc etc.

19. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Hi all again..!! After a good while hope everyone is ok and ready for summer time...my scooter is over 5000km- service done....Now I am after some extra power.. What option should I pick...(jets ,rollers, exhoust, clutch, ect...) Any advice welcome....

20. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

a decent exhaust and variator should keep you happy i think :)

Maxi.. likes this.