Aprilia sr50 Motard.

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Maxi.., Jan 26, 2014.

1. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Hope will go faster..

2. turbovetto

turbovetto Well-Known Member

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    It's a miracle the thing works at all with that on the front of it. At least it's easy to de-restrict........

Maxi.. likes this.
  3. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

How much faster is going your bike now?

4. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Hi again!! Today i derestricted my bike " abit".i removed the washer and it does 35mph with the back box behind me, and its a windy day , i guess will do 40 Easley when is no wind.i tok the copper plate from the carb as we'll but no changes yet .

5. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    check your plug. More air needs more fuel. Might need to upjet a bit.

6. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

By checking my plug what do u mean exactley?? I may need to change it?? Up jet after 1000 kms only.-))

7. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    You need a bigger size main jet in the carburettor, or you may end up with a hole in the piston before 1000kms is up.

Maxi.. likes this.
  8. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
  9. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Any suggestions why is hard to start when the engine is cold??

10. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    If you've removed the restrictor on the carb you're letting more air in the carb - which requires more fuel so the proportion remains the same. So it's probable you need a bigger main jet. All engines need more juice to start - this is why carbs have a choke. But the size of the main jet influences everything. If you've removed the restrictor and the engine is behaving differently - in this case - as if it's poorer, then it probably is.

11. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Nothing to to with the derestriction.it did it before.i guess is the petrol( supermarket). And i did put back the plate into the carb after a sort jurney.only the washer is out at the moment.

12. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    In which case I would suggest that your auto-choke is not functioning optimally. Which is completely normal - since it doesn't have a brain. This is the beauty of manual chokes. You get a free bio-computer with every one you fit which decides whether the choke is needed or not. Never breaks down.

Merlin and Maxi.. like this.
  13. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

True!!!! I may change it one day if the prob consist.But i believe is the "momentum"at the petrol station..-)) newer did it before ,issue started shortly after fuelling up.

14. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    The auto choke is probably stuck due to dirt or corrosion - it's quite common and this is why Turbovetto and I (among others) don't recommend them. Electric chokes are crap.

turbovetto likes this.
  15. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

I got what you are seeing Merlin!! But this is a new bike Is got 400 kms on clock....(" dirt or rust"??) would be quiet funny.Not to be disrestpectfull.

16. turbovetto

Rides:
    tweaked ovetto
    Does 'momentum' have an ethanol additive by any chance ?

17. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
    Supermarket petrol can contain dirt or water, it's not guaranteed to be decent fuel for the price you are paying. I worked for 25 years in the oil industry and have seen this and worse.

18. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

Will see in the morning refuelled again at murco.they have good petrol . - ( Merlin)

19. Merlin

Merlin Old School Biker

Rides:
    2007 TKR WRC 50
  20. Maxi..

Maxi.. Member

-)) i just wanted to link this too..lol