Aprilia sr50 ditech help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself...' started by SR_LIFE, Jun 13, 2020.

1. SR_LIFE

SR_LIFE New Member

Hi all im new here. I bought an SR50 ditech. It had no battery so i bought one for it. Stuck it in and het a weak attempt to start with the electric start when i stopped now nothing works. I have checked the fuse and even tried to jump from my car. The indicator did work while trying to start with button but did not blink. Now its just dead all together. Any ideas anyone? The bike is a 2000 year

2. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    You need to check battery voltage with multi-meter at least 11 volts DC
    If ok check at ignition switch for same voltage, but could be 0.2 difference but OK DC voltage
    If all ok check wiring but some is an AC current for charging.
    If this scoot has a side stand there is a kill switch fitted to it which will kill everything, so needs to be up and use center stand.

3. SR_LIFE

SR_LIFE New Member

The side stand is useful to know but it turns out im a total derp and the ignition had a sweet spot just before fully on posistion ‍♂️ clean fuel and a carb clean and she came back from the dead. Thank you for your help tho.

4. Shunty

Shunty Member

Rides:
    Baotian BT49QT-9
    Your welcome.
    Might pay you to get a new ignition switch as you have to play around to get power, and when riding you hit a bump and the scoot stops miles from home and cant get ignition back.

5. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

How did you manage to clean the carb on an injected engine???:confused: