Aprilia Sr125 headlight gone HELP please

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by ReceivaL, Feb 23, 2017.

1. ReceivaL

ReceivaL Aprilia SR 125

hi my headlights have suddenly stopped working the low beam and high beam gone the switch for this is like it's disconnected the blue beam light dosnt even come of only the daytime running light is on? Had a look online can't find anything that it could be any help is appreciated

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

First off, check all the other bulbs as well.
    It's unusual to have both filaments go at the same time.
    If other bulbs have stopped working, dashboard lights, tail light (but not the brake light), then you MAY have a rectifier fault.
    If they are ok, then check the bulb holder to see if it's melted anything.
    Check the fuses, then check the plug hasn't come out the back of the switch.
    Check and change if necessary, the headlight bulb.

3. ReceivaL

ReceivaL Aprilia SR 125

I have changed both low and high beam bulbs fuses still I tack everything else works indecators,brakelight,taillight, dash light light when the indecator is on oil light,

Not working both low and high beam and the blue light that comes on when high beam is on it's like the switch has just been cut from the wire

4. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    check the negative on the lamp itself. check power too and from the switch, i cant remember if theres a headlight relay but it may well be the case, a blue light on the dash means the full beam should be working/have power so the switching side seems ok, so negative on the lamp or a relay (if fittred)