aprilia sr125 engine removal help please

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by Nathanael, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

Hi, just purchased an aprilia sr125 and need to replace the engine bushes/silent blocks/whatever

I have removed the carb, rear shock,and exhaust.
    The bolts that go into the large silent blocks have been removed.
    The cradle bolt that holds engine to frame has been removed.

The engine now appears to be free and unattached (apart from the wiring) however I cannot remove it as the centre stand seems to be in the way.
    Does the stand have to be removed to get the engine out past it?

Or am I missing something obvious?

http://www.easyparts.nl/showdrawing...67-m460-m384-s1493-d31375/Connecting_rod.html

from the image on this link I have removed parts 4 and 11.

Part 9 is still in plaace, I cnt see any way to remove it without taking the engine out, and I cant take the engine out because part 9 fouls the centre stand. The stand pin is corroded in place.

2. bashyy21

bashyy21 Beaut!

The stand has to be removed, had same problem with mind, I couldnt remove stand pin so had to grind the stand off

3. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

Cheers, ended up cutting the stand off along with that stupid arm that it attaches to all the way back to the frame. +side is it makes access way easier to exhaust etc. renewed engine bearings and and got it refitted.

What did you do to replace your stnd afterwards? did you find a side stand that is a straightforward fit? cheers

4. bashyy21

bashyy21 Beaut!

hi i got a gilera runner st 125 side stand and drilled and fitted that, works perfect, i have a project thread pics in there

5. bashyy21

bashyy21 Beaut!

6. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

cheers, thats a great help

7. bashyy21

bashyy21 Beaut!

sorry about the late reply not been on the site in awhile, you get it sorted ?

8. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

Centre stand pin was rotten into place so cut the whole lot off including that stupid arm it sits on right back to the frame. It made engine and exhaust access far easier on the bike and working on it almost tolerable!

Thats why I am going to fit a side stand. Have replaced the engine mount bearings, the gigantic rubber block things either side look spot on with no cracking so if the bearings dont fix the vibration the problem has to lie somewhere in the scissor linkage.

I would have had the bike up and running and tested over a month ago but ordered a replacement variator fixed pulley half from cypress. First one never arrived and second one should have been here at the start of the week. Hopefully if it comes I can get it back together and fire it up so see if the problem is fixed.

Really need the bike sorted as its taking up all the space in my work area and need to get the sr50 out of the living room and in for its engine swap. (Someone fitted a ditech engine when the crank went and wondered why it wouldnt work) Thankfully I have the original engine and many standard cranks in usable condition :)