Aprilia SR 50 R Slow Acceleration

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Olly Cook, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Olly Cook

Olly Cook New Member

need some tuning tips on my 2011 Aprilia SR 50 R

Pulls perfectly after 10-15 mph but grtting to that speed is a struggle

Changed the rollers down to 4.3g and just revved to hard so thier back at 5.0g

Bike has a Stage 6 Clutch with white Springs, motoforce Variator with 5.0g Rollers, 66 Jet and a standard filter, Yasuni R Exhaust

If anyone could help it would mean alot

2. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Try some slightly stronger springs on the clutch slippers.
    Sounds like it's biting a bit too early.

3. Renllek

Renllek Member

What steve has said.

Whats happening is the clutch is biting before the RPM's are getting into the power band of the pipe. As you are moving along the RMP's build, and when you get to the powerband the bike takes off.

What you want is the get the clutch springs just right so that they bite on the poweband.

So for EG, at the moment lets say the powerband is at 9k rpm (not know what it actually is for the Yas R) but the clutch is biting at 8k rpm and is getting you moving albeit slowly, the rpms increase to 9k you and now in the sweet spot for the current config (cylinder, carb tune, pipe ect ect) your engine is making its peak power at and you are off.

you need to tune the whole transmission to work in harmony for your bike config, so bite at the right rpm (clutch springs), and hold at that rpm as you accelerate. this will give you the best performance possible.

4. Renllek

Renllek Member

just out of curiosity what S6 clutch is it you have? is it the torque control MKII.

i only ask as its the only S6 clutch i can see that comes with white springs. if so what weights have you got in it?