Aprilia project 70 cc

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Michelniel17, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Michelniel17

Michelniel17 New Member

So far rebuilt engine new top end new kickstart shaft spring and lever started body work starting to look better already full restoration in motion

Any of u guys ever had one of these as a project would like to see some picks

Attached Files:

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    ahh an area 51... weird looking thing, wobbly (an old moderator) had, or i assume still has one. tidy modded example. do a lil search about and youll find it eventually :) keep up the good work

Michelniel17 likes this.
  3. Michelniel17

Michelniel17 New Member

I havnt seen one of these on road and can't find any for sale so don't no the value of these I baught these 2 and can't even find another black 1 is 01 purple is the 02 can't wait until it's finished just time and effort slowly getting there engine will be back in the bike soon as the rear wheel is now done next is to paint calipers the rest of the fairings general clean up new fuel lines, air filter needed has got an upgraded exhuast to a leo vince sport exhuast and carb has been jetted to a 85 so should run all fine once rebuilt

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Is that a minerelli engine in a piaggio?

5. Michelniel17

Michelniel17 New Member

No mate its an aprilia engine / minerelli in an aprilia area 51

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah, thats odd, normally aprillia use piaggio motors as they are the same company....
    Cool project though.

7. Michelniel17

Michelniel17 New Member

In the area 51 they use the same engines as aerox and jogs and aye it will be once it's finished mate

8. Michelniel17

Michelniel17 New Member

Been a while now since I last posted due to bad wearer I hadn't been able to do anymore I the bike but on that note today has been nice so I have now managed to get the refurb engine with all 70cc upgrades back on the bike and fuel lines almost done picks to follow

9. Michelniel17

Michelniel17 New Member

Here is some picks (only rear end has done )

Attached Files:

10. Michelniel17

Michelniel17 New Member

Engine is all in ready and nearly all connected just needs to figure what pipes come off he head now to finish body work should be finished in the next few weeks image.jpg

Attached Files: