Aprilia Mojito Custom 50 What is it like to ride?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by GreenRanger, Mar 28, 2019.

1. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I havn't ridden many mopeds but i was wnadering how the Aprilia Mojito Custom 50 compares to the Piaggio typhoon 50cc (old shape) and peugeot speedfight 2 (old one) in terms of:

Comfort (riding on the road) and also bearing in mind i am tlaking baout the old shape seat for the Aprilia Mojito 2001 seat which is rounder and different completly
    Mobility of the scooter (how easy is it to move about)
    Speed
    Acceleration

2. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I'm looking for a scooter that is really easy to live with, manover about with. Jump on it and ride to the shops or park or whatever in as much comfrot and ease as possible.

The Aprilia looks very comfy indeed but a bit on the bulky side and i am guessing heavier than the piaggio.

Also, is the seat height the same on the Aprilia or mor eor less in terms of height than the piaggio typhoon as i'm not very tall and concerned this might be an issue.

I am able to ride the piaggio ok... Feet are not flat on the grounf though...

3. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

The seat height on the speedfight is higher than typhoon so you might struggle with that whereas the height on the mojito is the lowest of the lot. The mojito and speedfight are both a hefty 10kg heavier then the typhoon. My speedfight has only done 4500 miles and it rattles like a tin of screws so not well made in my opinion. Also lets in water under the seat. Great to ride though, feels sporty. Depends if you want a more laid back comfy kind of ride (mojito) or lightweight and manoverability (typhoon). Personally I love the looks of the mojito so that's what I would get. But for speed, acceleration and sheer mobility it's got to be the typhoon as it's so much lighter then the other two. I believe the engines are almost identical (Piaggio own Aprilia). You pays your money and takes your choice.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  4. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I’m not looking to buy a speedfight so that’s fine. Just that I’ve ridden one before. Liked it. I think it is a better ride than the typhoon.

The seat height being lowest on the aprilia is surprising as from online videos it kinda looked like the highest but that’s great news to hear from you. Bearing in mind I am talking about the old shape seat.

I read that the aprilia is approx 10k heavier than the typhoon which isn’t bad actually.

I just want something that is as easy to use and ride as possible and I’ve read the aprilia is very comfy and I like the chopper/Harley style bars a lot.

It also has a storage compartment below the handle bars which could be really useful if not safe to use as I’m guessing a thief could easily break into it which is a shame as I would certainly make use of it with my iPhone X and wallet and what have you.

milo2025 likes this.
  5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I honestly think you are way over thinking this.

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Go to the different dealers and have a test ride on each of the bikes you are interested in. Even if it's just around their car parks.

7. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

I have looked and looked but cannot find an aprilia dealer that sellers the 50cc mojito anywhere. Does aprilia sitll even make them? Knwo any delaers in or near london?

8. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

They stopped doing the 50 for sure.
    I've seen a 50 4t Chinese version of it though.
    No idea on the quality of it however, but can't really be much worse than an aprilia.

9. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member

Really? Any links? Curious to see what it is like.

Thing is, if the aprilia build quality needs looking after otherwise it falls apart imagine what the cheap chinese verison will be like!

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Personally I think Chinese bikes are built better than Italian/European bikes.
    But most everything is made in China now anyway so sort of a moot point.
    I will try and find a link.

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

12. GreenRanger

GreenRanger Member