Aprila Sportcity Cube 125

Discussion in 'Pictures' started by JoJo, Jul 24, 2013.

1. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Starting to slowly do little bits to the Bike I bought last week,
    2008 Aprilia Sportcity Cube 125cc

Added some yellow cable sleeves earlier, spent a day reconnecting the wires as they were put together badly and then tucked in a bag which had water at the bottom.. live wires aswell so yeah, had to get that sorted asap!!!
    plus put some carbon fibre vinyl on the storage door and battery cover,
    added some carbon effect mirrors...
    sprayed the exhaust pipe and u-bolt black, plus used that spray and sprayed the back 'handgrip' black for now but it isnt a suitable spray obv so got to sand it all down and do it properly so it'll end up gloss black.. (I spent 3 hours trying to carbon vinyl it but it looked shit so ripped it all back off)
    oh and got the yellow and black tax disc holder.

Just waiting for my rollers and sliders to come, got the new belt, then I can get that all sorted so it hopefully wont sound like a load of tools in a dryer when the Bikes on!!!

Only thing is the wiring now, I got the Koso Speedo and its only flashing the indicator sign when indicating right, not left! but im not sure on the wire colours yet, plus the fuel one isnt hooked up which is abit annoying but again not sure on the Bikes wire colours.

Oh yeah, and with these Bikes, the lights, is it either 1 or the other on? you cant have both of them off? abit annoying as people keep thinking 1 of my bulbs have blown lol

IMG_0673.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG IMG_0675.jpg IMG_0676.jpg IMG_0677.JPG IMG_0678.jpg IMG_0679.JPG

2. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    you can propbably wire the lights on together. on my old bike i had 3 wires. dipped beam/side light and then main beam and high beam.

i simply wired the dipped beam to the normal main beam buld, and the main beam wire to the high beam. thus you can turn the main beam on and both lights operate

3. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Im not sure what these Bikes were originally like,
    at the moment because the Stage6 switch is on there, I just got 1 or the other, main or high I think,
    rather switch left to have them both off, or right to have them both on, but im not sure which wires are which.

4. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Disconnected the Lights for now until I can sort them out,
    added the Doppler cover, got rid of the power/cut out switch and added a button on the casing itself,
    just need to find the fuel wires to hook up to the Koso Speedo but cant find them :-/
    plus added another yellow sleeve on the cable and some stickers.

IMG_0730.JPG IMG_0728.jpg IMG_0729.jpg

5. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Its getting there.... added Stage6 Lever Covers and Red Str8 Mesh,
    got some Black Brake Levers coming though and Yellow Silicone Lever Covers
    (1 of the Stage6 ones split)

IMG_1212.jpg IMG_1221.JPG IMG_1222.JPG IMG_1223.jpg IMG_1224.jpg IMG_1227.JPG

6. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Carbon Vinyl'd the White that was on the side of the Wheels.... also repositioned the Speedo, badly want new Brake block things though, anyone got any links to where I can get them that'll 100% work with my Bike?

IMG_1308.JPG IMG_1311.JPG IMG_1310.JPG

7. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    hi, thats a nice looking bike. i have seen you looking for stickers plz dont bomb it. it looks well as it is

8. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Defo not bombing it!!
    I dont like the look of Bikes like that,
    im just looking for some that I have parts for, eg. Stage6, TNT, Str8, Malossi and Doppler,
    just to put with my other 2 that I have down by my feet :)

9. southweezy19

southweezy19 hardcore ss member

Rides:
    yamaha neos!!
    Lookin good

JoJo likes this.
  10. daddybear

daddybear Member

now thats a smart bike...

JoJo likes this.
  11. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    New TNT red Bar, Stage6 Quick Action Throttle, new Brake Master Cylinders, new Mirror Mount... just waiting on my Carbon Hand Grips and smaller yellow Star Stickers to break up the red ones... still problem after problem with it but its getting there.

IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2605.JPG IMG_2606.JPG

daddybear likes this.
  12. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    i take it the speedfight master cylinder was a good match?

13. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I prefer that one, the Universal one I got comes up alot higher like you can see in the last photo, back brake (left) is the Universal and goes way over the Bar, front brake (right) is nearly in line which I prefer, so will probably get another Speedfight one later down the line.

14. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    nice to know speedfight are better as i was going to get some different ones @£89 each, but they look ok.

15. daddybear

daddybear Member

looking smart ;)

JoJo likes this.
  16. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Got the Bars finally sorted and the yellow Stickers, plus got a new Bar Pad for the Stem and the Grips on...
    just put my rear Brake Disc on, just waiting for my front one now then im hoping all the noices im hearing stop! re-sprayed my rear Calliper aswell so waiting for that to dry then I can put the bracket and Exhaust back on!

IMG_2726.JPG IMG_2727.JPG

17. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Anyone know if that Plate is legal for the MOT?
    its the standard size but has raised Carbon letters.

IMG_2771.JPG IMG_2772.JPG IMG_2775.JPG IMG_2776.JPG IMG_2777.JPG

18. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    I would say plate is a NO because is not a standard plate but give it a go

19. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    I have a standard one so might just shove that on for the MOT...
    just went for a test ride, seems ok, front still has some rubbing and odd noise but will wait until i've changed the front Brake Disc, back Brake still isnt working good, need to bleed it more I think... will have to ride abit to check the Calliper because my StepDad thinks its just the Pads but we'll see as it is VERY VERY close to the Calliper itself and at one point earlier today without the Pads in it was still rubbing... but will wait until the new Disc is worn in abit first and go from there...

Screen Shot 2013-09-08 at 21.07.49.png

daddybear likes this.
  20. JoJo

JoJo Active Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX
    Got Aerox Brake Master Cylinders coming for this, my Universal one is SHIT and has threaded inside so the Banjo Bolt wont tighten, so i've bought 2 matching Aerox ones, and I got the Carbon Levers and Red/Chrome Stage6 Caps to go on.

IMG_4325.JPG