Anyone using 110 cdi on an NSC50?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Rory5, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Rory5

Rory5 Member

As per title , anyone doing this here with success ?
    I’ve read it raises the rev limit and wanted any experiences. Long shot I think as there aren’t many active nsc posters !

2. Rory5

Rory5 Member

Ok I’ve just bought one so I’ll see how it goes.

CGC likes this.
  3. Rory5

Rory5 Member

Although I’m actually scared to try it until I find other people who have used it with no problems !
    I don’t want it to blow up, I’ve become attached to my wee scoot lol

CGC likes this.
  4. Sam phantom

Sam phantom Active Member

Looks like your the first to want to try it.... sooo your have to be the guinea pig :)

CGC likes this.
  5. Rory5

Rory5 Member

There’s been a few comments on YouTube saying people have used it such as on this video -

6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Just doing a recce on spares for my 110 + u-tubing - heard the cdi change is considered an 'upgrade' on the 50.;).

Rory5 likes this.
  7. Rory5

Rory5 Member

Have you read anywhere about using that cdi in the 50? Do you have any links to posts from people who do this ?

8. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Just clocked a few breakers who put across their sales & whys.

Rory5 likes this.
  9. Richard Hartley

Richard Hartley New Member

Hello everybody just dropping a comment here. I've been running my NSC50 vision with a 110 CDI in it for the past few years and done about 4000 miles without any issues apart from a slight increases in fuel consumption and the need to keep the needle on the dial when going down hill because of no rev limiting. Both the CDI's from the 50cc and the 110cc are pin for pin electrically identical. They can be swapped over without any modification to the engine as the replacement CDI will learn your bikes settings. Also I would recommend installing an after market verio as the stock as limited ramps so even with a change of CDI it will not have any affect. I would strongly stay well away from the Malossi kit as I found it to be very unstable to tune and would eat a set of rollers in about 10miles. The stable set up am running right now and since the upgrade is a stock NSC110 CDI unit with a Polini verio kit installed (did not fit the clutch springs) with a set of 6.3gram Naraku red HD Variator rollers tuned to 5.35gram with a burr and mutitool. I pulled the rollers out for inspection about 300 miles ago and did not find any abnormal wear nor did I find that the chrome on the ramps had worn away.

BTW all the parts I used for this mod I found on ebay. CDI was about £35

So I can confirm yes this mod works just like expected without any issues if done right.

CGC and Rory5 like this.
  10. Rory5

Rory5 Member

Big thanks to Richard and his advice on this , I'm looking forward to trying out my 110 cdi !

11. ever

ever New Member

What is the maximum speed on cdi 110 or fuel consumption changed?

12. fumdeiarba

fumdeiarba New Member

can you please drop a link to the CDI you used?

13. Rory5

Rory5 Member

It was just a used nsc110cdi I found on eBay.

14. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Why don't you just buy a 110?????.,
    Bought one new Dec.17 -since (1.8months),all I,ve done is change oil 1k/fill with petrol/change Tyre set once cause front got royally 'screwed' & that's it/period - bikes been stellar.,

Mark.

15. Rory5

Rory5 Member

Because my licence only lets me ride up to 50cc

16. fumdeiarba

fumdeiarba New Member

same problem with licence restriction, i searched google for CDI and all results gave me 800 Euro results range, BTW i have a 2014 model probably the CDI is more expensive because of this, cand someone drop a link so i can have a better idea of this 110 CDI :) THX

17. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

I didn't think they had a CDi being EFI.
    I thought an EFI bike has an ECU instead.

18. Rory5

Rory5 Member

Here is one for sale on eBay , good price too

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/163764463862

19. fumdeiarba

fumdeiarba New Member

20. fumdeiarba

fumdeiarba New Member

i actualy bought the CDI and waiting to be delivered, ill let you all know how it works