anyone into 4x4?

Discussion in 'Car chat' started by Cockers, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Cockers

Cockers I hate speedfights

Anyone into 4x4 offroading/green laning

I've been working on an izuzu trooper 3litre short wheel base!

The story goes like this,

My dad a 3.1litre big horn but it had to go chasis was rotten and all sorts, with being in a trooper owner club we heard alot about the 3litre curse and how unrealiable they can be.

After telling him not to buy a 3L he bought one and the problems began; Diesel in coolant none of the fixes worked.

so this is were the engine conversion came in!

3L to 3.1L boom

almost done been a canny little project.

[​IMG]
    next on is 33" mud tyres! Belive he wants a rear winch and custom winch bumper!

Diff locker

Anyone else done anything like this would be good to see!

Sneaky one of my Old offroader

[​IMG]

2. patwk03

patwk03 Member

Rides:
    yam neos 50/yam cw70
    i want to get into it when im older and have money i love to have a short wheel base landy like we have at work its fun up in the field

3. Cockers

Cockers I hate speedfights

Not into landys myself but I've got a few pals with them heavily modded to,

[​IMG]
    picture does this no justice! has everything done to it! has technology to lift it and extra 3" when stuck and stuff! its great

My mates crawler 90
    [​IMG]

Lots of money spent on the two landies! expensive hobby!

4. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    if you have money to burn carry on cos you will never be satisfied with what you have ,big wheels dif lockers winch s guards , all you do is try harder to get stuck ,which is the whole point of off roading no fun if you can get through the mud easerly
    if you must try it buy a sj Suzuki brilliant little off roader to start with and cheap 003.jpg

5. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    owned a couple of them including a pajero, a shogun and had a freelander at one point. TBH just not for me. Ive took them all off road and I do get it but id rather spend less money on something like I have now, be able to drive through the country lanes when its sunny and just enjoy it aswell as being able to use it everyday. 4x4 just not for me. if I wanted to waste spend that sort of money though id just go spend it on doing a transit up :)

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i would like to get into it, i love going off road. i want to buy a volvo feltvogn, a cool old miltary truck. we have some great tracks and stuff over here, england is a whole lot more flatter and paved then here.

7. roniweaver

roniweaver New Member

I'm into 4x4 as well. We installed 3" suspension lift kit in a Grand Cherokee and added a winch as well.