Anyone actually been pulled over ?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by MR C, May 15, 2012.

1. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    I got pulled over last night by the most boulchy cop I've ever met.
    My riding was apparently appalling because I 'throw it around' It's a moped, what else am I going to do with it?
    And my front L plate was illegal cus all the edges came unstuck so I cut out the L itself and shoved it on.

My attitude was apparently appalling also, and I 'don't care about the authority and police'
    When I'd actually been very polite and didn't back chat or disagree with any of the crap he threw at me.

I basically got treated like shit because I'm a teenager on a scooter so he stereotyped me as being some reprobate with an ASBO.

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Absolutely racking my brain trying to figure
    who the mature one was here. ;) .

scootzmadness and lee mason like this.
  3. Barclaay86

Barclaay86 New Member

I got pulled for doing a wheelie in town and the police man said to me and i quote "that was a very impressive wheelie and i could see you were in control so i can't book you"
    Sooo get in !!!

Cory Cole-Wilkins likes this.
  4. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I have vivid dreams too. :rolleyes: .

Burridge likes this.
  5. antman1992

antman1992 Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    in 3 Years i have only ever been stopped 3 times

1. I was on a private Reg plate from the previous owner i had permission from owners/insurance company to use the reg, the reg was pretty much like 4 numbers long on a 50 scoot like wtf? but yer 2nd day on the road i got stopped police offers asks the usual questions and tell me my yamaha aerox is currently registered as a Corsa like wtf? 0 points 0 fine just had to produce details within a week

2. I was following a bus into town and the bus stopped so i was dicking about being the bus pulling wheelies only didn't i know that 10 feet in front of the double decker bus was a police vehicle check point i got signaled in and got a section on the bike for a year i also had no front l plate on i also lied about the front l plate saying it feel of when i never had one on in the first place end result, 0 Points 0 Fine 1 Years section on bike

3. I was riding to town to watch the fireworks my exhaust was on it's last legs 2 miles into journey doing about 40 through a village my exhaust falls on and snaps in half on road so i pick it up tie it onto my footwel and carried on into town to watch the fireworks, fire works then finish and i decided as it was late to use the coastal road as the bike was extremely loud going down the road at about 35 haha, at the first roundabout b00m flashing lights another safety area were 2 police cars were chilling keeping an eye on traffic at a bad junction for everybody leaving the show he asks me a bunch of questions regarding bike all details checked out fine then, i got a ticket of him and a 5 minute laugh and chat in the back on the police car with 2 officers(In one ear out the other) on the ticket the officer put exhaust gases leaking from exhaust yet clearly there was no exhaust attached to the bike and no back L plate end result

0 Points £30 fine and allowed to ride home on an unsafe vehicle due to there being no exhaust it would fail an MOT haha but next day i ordered a leo vince tt pipe :)

i've been on the same ped for about 3.5 years now and done around 33k miles on a yamaha aerox yq50r haha YOLOs

all in all i can say i've had a few run in with the police easily points if i got a dickhead officer everytime i got pulled on each ecounter

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  6. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Wow,could retire with guys like that ^^^^ around .... :D :D .,
    Who could'nt love getting advice like it!.

7. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    I got pulled over so many times when i was younger,
    became as stressful as having a cup of tea!,
    Not good to get into a sitch like that,gives you a "don't -
    give a f..k " attitude and ensueing consequences!,then + later.!.

scootzmadness likes this.
  8. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    I beg your pardon :eek::p

9. Cory Cole-Wilkins

Cory Cole-Wilkins Member

Rides:
    Yamaha YQ-50 Aerox
    Exactly the same happened to me!
    They see a passenger on a moped and their eyes light up.

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  10. Mark Emerson Trentham

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    Sometimes you just have to suck it up 'an bite your lip,
    assured that your probaly better than them in the long -
    run anyway!. ;) .

Cory Cole-Wilkins likes this.